Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Just Found Out Why People Don't Share!

wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@26 October 2003 - 23:45
    We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

You should always have a decent firewall...

I recommend Zone Alarm 4 Pro....
    or norton

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    why do you keep bitchin about it???? Who cares???... i don't.
    btw- your not fooling anyone... there is no hacker who would waste his time dling files for no reason. And if it really did happen(which it probably didn't) thats one lame ass hacker.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cosmic doobie@26 October 2003 - 19:55

Before you even think about disabling sharing files I'd think about tightening up your security.
    Also reduce the number of uploads allowed.
    thats what you should do

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 11:50
    so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied
    do you think the guy you're mad at will actually read this?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Hackers/Crackers don't dld your shared files

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Auburn_Tygaz's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 19:50

I wondered why people don't share files with other, after all isn't this what it's all about?

I found out a few minutes ago, some spotty faced, fucking dickhead, who probably gets his kicks wanking in front of his computer, just hacked into my system and started something like 50 uploads going at the same time.

It's the last time there will ever be 50 files to upload, from now on, I'll reduce it to just a few.

It's clever little assholes like this who spoil everything for everyone, so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied
    Damn man, don't have an anneurism over there, no one hacked into your PC, you just got singled out perhaps. What happened is that you don't have the user listing feature disabled. Go to options then you can select whether or not users can get a list of all files you're sharing and just uncheck it; problem solved

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by wormless+26 October 2003 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormless @ 26 October 2003 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@26 October 2003 - 23:45
    We don&#39;t have a huge firewall, because we don&#39;t keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

You should always have a decent firewall...

I recommend Zone Alarm 4 Pro....
    or norton [/b][/quote]
    try sygate
    Open your mind

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    muchspl2
    I have a feeling he rather just bitch and chance it, like the person will read this and be like whoa, don&#39;t want him to stop sharing and quit, witch really makes no sense, if he was violated, you don&#39;t have to share anything, for someone to grab anything from is network that they wanted

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Are you sure you hadn&#39;t only just opened kazaa & therefore were NOT connected to the network as when you have open kazaa at first it lets unlimited uploads come through until you are connected to a supernode ie, when it says username@kazaa rather than connecting...

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    internet.news
    Let me tell you: there are always extraordinary people :(
    ok that is sad that he does not share although he is just human and my experience
    taught me that I cannot expect anything of other people alhtough this is sad fact.
    but I try to be opened :) But what really make more concerned that he hacked in
    your computer - I think that is not correct in my eyes... In some ways you have some rights...

thanks anyway, david. ~nice dreams... I wish I could have 50 slots opened, but
    at my dialup isdn 64k I would never could make this experience , but ok: i have
    1 slots upload opened when I am downloading also, and 2-4 slots when nothing downloading... and leaving computer alone...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast