Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Just Found Out Why People Don't Share!

I wondered why people don't share files with other, after all isn't this what it's all about?

I found out a few minutes ago, some spotty faced, fucking dickhead, who probably gets his kicks wanking in front of his computer, just hacked into my system and started something like 50 uploads going at the same time.

It's the last time there will ever be 50 files to upload, from now on, I'll reduce it to just a few.

It's clever little assholes like this who spoil everything for everyone, so go and fuck yourself you cretin, hope you are satisfied

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Why did you leave that many upload slots open?

You control the number of uploads, not the guys downloading....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster

Before you even think about disabling sharing files I'd think about tightening up your security.
    Also reduce the number of uploads allowed.

4. File Sharing   -   #4

I have a 64K upload connection, Uploads were limited to TWO, when the entire network decided to CRAWL, I checked everything. Uploads were still on TWO but there were more than 50 files (I was sharing about 55 files) busy trying to upload and whilst I was watching more started up.

I tried to close down the system and it was so slow that by the time I had shut it down, every single file was uploading, but they were all uploading to the SAME user - [email protected].

When I finally got it shut down, I checked the files on the entire system for Virii, - there were none. We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

SOME TWAT HACKED MY SYSTEM and I won't tolerate that from ANYONE. I don't have the time, patience or inclination to fuck around with MS Proxy or ISA Server and it's not a big system connected to the net anyway. Thus I'll still share, but only about 6 files at a time, then if the same twat or someone else hacks in, it won't crash my system if only 6 are trying to upload!

If it happens again. I just stop sharing - FULL STOP.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Mr AnDy D's Avatar Poster
    yea people who share are important, there is always something you can do about those hackers....

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    He never hacked oyu did he though.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by PietPompies@26 October 2003 - 19:15

I have a 64K upload connection, Uploads were limited to TWO, when the entire network decided to CRAWL, I checked everything. Uploads were still on TWO but there were more than 50 files (I was sharing about 55 files) busy trying to upload and whilst I was watching more started up.

I tried to close down the system and it was so slow that by the time I had shut it down, every single file was uploading, but they were all uploading to the SAME user - [email protected].

When I finally got it shut down, I checked the files on the entire system for Virii, - there were none. We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

SOME TWAT HACKED MY SYSTEM and I won't tolerate that from ANYONE. I don't have the time, patience or inclination to fuck around with MS Proxy or ISA Server and it's not a big system connected to the net anyway. Thus I'll still share, but only about 6 files at a time, then if the same twat or someone else hacks in, it won't crash my system if only 6 are trying to upload!

If it happens again. I just stop sharing - FULL STOP.
    6 is fine though I think.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    There was one time where I had over 30 uploads going (some were the same username) and my system slowed down so much it crashed. After that, I decided to put a limit on the maximum number of uploads. Since then, everything has been ok

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    We don't have a huge firewall, because we don't keep anything of interest to anyone on this network which has the connection to the Internet for Kazaa and email.

You should always have a decent firewall...

I recommend Zone Alarm 4 Pro....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    muchspl2
    no one to blame but your self, ignorance is not a excuse
    [/truth]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast