Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Virus #########

muchspl2
    I right wrongs and disperse myths, call me crazy, but I went in knowing the possible outcome

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    i've not even looked, it's a britney photo riight? how's that a virus?
    It is after all just a jpg!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    If it's the same link I went to earlier, it's not just a jpg. It's not even of Britney ;-/

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by Gre1@27 October 2003 - 00:59
    I can' t read your reply right. Did I restart what? My comp yup but it wasn't because of that. I know u are joking about whatever u are trying to say
    soz gre was in a rush earlier but now i got all the time in the world. yea i ment have u restarted yr pc,hope u didnt have a viro though

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by jfm@27 October 2003 - 04:09
    i've not even looked,  it's a britney photo riight?  how's that a virus?
    It is after all just a jpg!
    britney y would u click on it anyway if it is a viro then the ppl who clicked on it will find out sooner or later and it may activate on a certain day or time and u done it at yr own risk.

edit: just searched "britney" on nortons site and the is 2 viruses with her name. madonna is with one of those 2. that one isnt related to them unless u got more details

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by wormless+27 October 2003 - 04:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormless &#064; 27 October 2003 - 04:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jfm@27 October 2003 - 04:09
    i&#39;ve not even looked, it&#39;s a britney photo riight? how&#39;s that a virus?
    It is after all just a jpg&#33;
    britney y would u click on it anyway if it is a viro then the ppl who clicked on it will find out sooner or later and it may activate on a certain day or time and u done it at yr own risk.

edit: just searched "britney" on nortons site and the is 2 viruses with her name. madonna is with one of those 2. that one isnt related to them unless u got more details [/b][/quote]
    I just went there, Not found.

But just looking at something called *.jpg will not affect your computer (unless you dl it, and if it does then affect you it is not a *.jpg) Don&#39;t be afraid to go to links. They&#39;re not a problem.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Gre1@26 October 2003 - 16:26
    I went and nothing happened but my XP doesn&#39;t hava Java either.
    LMAO... hava java?

But jfm is right, that links to a .JPG file. You can&#39;t run a javascript in a .JPG file. JPG&#39;s are harmless images.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah I did that on purpose.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    wow, i missed all the fun, i had to take my beauty sleep. this is just another reason why people should get a program such NIS or alike to BLOCK ALL Java and ACTIVE/x until the user selects to do so. Additionally for more security, from a trace/track/hack point of view, disable both all together. On one important machine I have, I have it disabled.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by nikita69@27 October 2003 - 06:59
    wow, i missed all the fun, i had to take my beauty sleep. this is just another reason why people should get a program such NIS or alike to BLOCK ALL Java and ACTIVE/x until the user selects to do so. Additionally for more security, from a trace/track/hack point of view, disable both all together. On one important machine I have, I have it disabled.
    HuH?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast