Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Video Encoding Software Is Best?

Poster
    I currently use TMPGenc which is good to use but ive had problems (sound being out of sync with picture) with many of my avi files.

Ive tried a few things (including using tooLame as a plug-in, extracting sound with virtualdub and scanning the video file also with virtual dub for errors) and have looked at the troubleshooting guide at dvdrhelp.com with no joy.

Only thing I can think of now would be to try differant software but dont know of any other than TMpgenc. Some suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Discreet Cleaner XL

http://www.discreet.com/cleanerxl/

you can find it on bittorrant or emule/shareaza

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tmpeg usally doesnt have faults, its usally the user that fucks something up, such as when u encode a movie, theres no sound..b/c the user didnt extract the sound perfect...

usally sound out of sync means that when u burn it, you burn at fast speed, burn as slow as you can b/c the slower the better

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    no no NO
    its out of sync because of bad frames, you have to remove bad frames before you run it through tmpgenc

http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/ <- got to run that first to be sure no bad frames
    and if it kicks a error for sound, its because you have your vfapi settings not configerd correctly

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    how long do u think it takes for a P4 2.4 @ 2.6 with 512 DDR PC3200 to encode a full 700 mb avi? i don&#39;t need to cuz i got tv out, but just wondering

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i generally use "MainConcept Mpeg Encoder" <---im not gunna say it is the best but it is easy to use and does a good enogh job for me the only prob is it dosnt like "vob" files but all i do is rename "vob" to "avi".....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    muchspl2
    too many variables, what settings on tmpgenc, best slowest or motion estimate search
    even if you told us, just too many variables to magically predict how long
    only you can tell how long it will take you to encode it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@27 October 2003 - 01:29
    no no NO
    its out of sync because of bad frames, you have to remove bad frames before you run it through tmpgenc

http://divxrepair.sourceforge.net/ <- got to run that first to be sure no bad frames
    and if it kicks a error for sound, its because you have your vfapi settings not configerd correctly

im on the process of downloading the fixer. I checked my enviromental settings, and im missing a few of the VFAPI plugins youve got, how do I get them and would it make a differance? thanks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    muchspl2
    forgot to tell you, its not important ones you don&#39;t have, just the ones you do have
    sorry for leaving that out, not that filepirate was wrong about burning, you do need to burn at the slowest speed you can, but sync issues are 99% bad frames left in before the encode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast