Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Songs That Get Stuck In Your Head

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I have a mate that hums the Baby Elephant Walk at me until it gets into my head.
    That damned song is nearly impossible to get rid of, once it's in your mind.

What songs get stuck in your head and go around until you fear for your sanity?

2. Music   -   #2
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

3. Music   -   #3
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@27 October 2003 - 04:57
    cely = feel teh love

edit: i know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on yr nerves get on yr nerves, i know a song that'll get on yr nerves, get get get on yr nerves. lol this ones gets on yr nerves and other peoples if u keep repeating it

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by wormless+27 October 2003 - 14:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormless @ 27 October 2003 - 14:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Celerystalksme@27 October 2003 - 04:57
    cely = feel teh love [/b][/quote]
    I feel no love here.

5. Music   -   #5
    muchspl2
    ALBANY, N.Y. - Unexpected and insidious, the earworm slinks its way into the brain and refuses to leave. Symptoms vary, although high levels of annoyance and frustration are common. There are numerous potential treatments, but no cure.

"Earworm" is the term coined by University of Cincinnati marketing professor James Kellaris for the usually unwelcome songs that get stuck in people&#39;s heads. Since beginning his research in 2000, Kellaris has heard from people all over the world requesting help, sharing anecdotes and offering solutions.

"I quickly learned that virtually everybody experiences earworms at one time or another," he said. "I think because it&#39;s experienced privately and not often a topic of conversation, maybe people really long for some social comparison. They want to know if other people experience what they experience."

Kellaris, whose most pervasive personal earworm (Byzantine chants) likely has something to do with his wife&#39;s job as a church choir director, has been interested in the topic of earworms for decades. As a musician who now studies how marketers reach the public, he began wondering how widespread stuck songs really are, and began doing small surveys in 2000.

Last year, he surveyed about 500 students, faculty and staff on campus asking about the type, frequency and duration of earworms, and possible causes and cures. Among the songs respondents picked as most likely to become stuck were: "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," the Chili&#39;s restaurant "baby back ribs" jingle and "Who Let the Dogs Out."

more from here

6. Music   -   #6
    wormless: Thankyou&#33; :beerchug:
    That&#39;s exactly the kind of evul tune I need to exact my vengeance upon the baby elephant hummer

muchspl2: Thanks for the fascinating earworms info.

But earworms? ewwww.

7. Music   -   #7
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Thanks for that it was quite and interesting read.

Recently I can&#39;t seem to get A Perfect circle out of my head. I keep singing the sing Weak And Powerless all day long.

8. Music   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    damm didn ti do a thread like this not long ago

man musicworld is getting borign latley

9. Music   -   #9
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Actually i remember you being a big Grinspoon fan...

listen to either Repeat or DCx3

and i can feel teh love

10. Music   -   #10
    eternity dj sammy f*ck man fo rweeks i had that stuck in my head
    also some old as song i herd i got stuck in my headits lik eim just a jigalo thats all i know ...dadadaada... or somthing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast