Thread: Bittorrent Troubles

Right now I'm downloading at a speed of 5 kb/s and uploading at 20 kb/s. I've got the yellow light, and I'm aware that that is my problem. I have a router and I set it to allow ports 6881-6999, which are the ports that Bittorrent is set to use on my computer.

I made the changes, but it didn't seem to do anything, I'm still stuck with the yellow light. I also have a firewall, but I set that to allow on all ports. I have Cable and I really want to use it to it's full capability, I'm tired of waiting 4 days for a 700 MB file. Any suggestions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    muchspl2

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I would except every file I download is always yellow.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2
    no not try downloading it again, try to configer your shit again

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Okay, but there's no other way to configure it. I followed everything correctly. It has to be something else, but I have no idea what it could be.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    muchspl2
    when you check your router config page (http://192.168.1.1) it has the ports forwarded?
    xp has a firewall built in also, maybe try DMZ and restart then try a torrent again, if its not green, then you must not be putting in the right ip for that computer

make sure to change back the DMZ after the experiment

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Route it and then you will be set, most of the time I get a yellow light, after about 30min, its Greem B)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I did do the port forwarding, the XP firewall is disabled. I allowed all ports on ZoneAlarm, I don't know what else to do. I am getting faster speeds though, 25 kb/s versus 2-5 kb/s. It's just that darn light never changes from yellow.