Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Come It Wont Delete

Poster
    i got a movie file that is big and its doing nothing but taking up space. but everytime i try and erase it it tells me its write protected or being used by another file. i tried everything i even tried starting up in safe mode and deleting. does anyone have any other ways of deleting this file?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I have had this problem before, eventually I found it in the last played movie in windows media player, even though wmp was shut down, see if its the same for you if it is then just load up another movie

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    thanks much nakita

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Pitbul@28 October 2003 - 01:17
    thanks much nakita
    did it work? if so which one? and ur welcome.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    when ever i get a file like that i use Norton to quarantine it...Then it can be deleted

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    This problem occurs when you click on an .avi file because Windows is trying to retrieve detailed information about the movie, which can take a long time. The easiest solution is to simply left-click on the file, then wait a few minutes before attempting to delete it.

If you want to fix the problem once and for all, and you're comfortable editing the registry you can do this...

Open REGEDIT (as always, backup your registry before changing anything&#33 and remove the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489- 5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32

This will prevent Explorer from loading shmedia.dll in response to file property queries on these files.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@27 October 2003 - 23:01
    This problem occurs when you click on an .avi file because Windows is trying to retrieve detailed information about the movie, which can take a long time. The easiest solution is to simply left-click on the file, then wait a few minutes before attempting to delete it.

If you want to fix the problem once and for all, and you're comfortable editing the registry you can do this...

Open REGEDIT (as always, backup your registry before changing anything&#33 and remove the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489- 5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32

This will prevent Explorer from loading shmedia.dll in response to file property queries on these files.
    yeah that shud work remeber to back up ur registry first

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    this is the 3rd time i've said this. share it in kazaa, the go and delete it through kazaa

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    its a short stupid movie abu. i dont want to fill Kazaa up with bullshit is already has to much anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast