Thread: The Best All Round Anti-virus Program?

Poster
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best Anti-Virus program is for WinXP?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks B)

Edit: Just read pinned topic but I want the best one for WinXP. Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    not to sound sarcastic, yet that depends on how the user is going to work with it and other installed programs. finding the "all round" (not sure what u mean by that) AV program is not enough. There are several aspects or steps that a user MUST take to protect and/or secure his/her PC. What are u trying to do, and be specific.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i use norton av 2003 its easy to use, works in the background and deals with anything as it happens. used in conjuction with norton firewall 2003 its very good protection. I have never been hacked or got a virus. norton systemworks has the av incorporated and the firewall merges with it as well

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Starting an arguement. I'll cut you some slack, since you've been around awhile. I have XP corp. If I had a high end computer I'd run KAV pro. I have a low end computer. I've tried lots of AV's. It's all personal preference & your computer specs.
    Running F-Prot AV right now. It's OK.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    My Specs:
    Athlon XP 2000
    256 MB RAM
    Radeon 8500
    60gb HD

By "all-round" I mean a AV program that is comparably good for speed, comprehensiveness and reliable (not a resource hogger) but not necessarily the best at one of these categories.

I always update using Windows Update and use Ad-aware/Spybot but I need an AV program as I have started to become infected with an increasing number of trojans/viruses lately.

Sorry if this makes no sense

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    get a hash from requests for NAV 2004, as for the torjans (which i assumed correctly on why u want "all around") that is another story and IS NOT dealt the same way as AV. What u need is TDS-3 for trojan defence (i'm working on the qwak part and hopefully will have it soon for the latest version) http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...ndpost&p=609518

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i have a similar setup on my system, i dont even notice norton running but as zapjb said its all down to preferance, norton scans my emails in+out, all my downloads and covers messenger and it cleans or deletes any virus it detects as it downloads. it updates itself and i dont have to touch it. suits me fine

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nod32, or Nav2003.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I use AVG and havn't had any problems with it so far

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    same here avg seams pretty good ,had norton 2003 a while back and it was a resource hog
    Open your mind