Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weird But True..

Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@28 October 2003 - 03:05
    Best of luck in England, we really cherished your visit. Your local time is listed as 3:05, not very reliable on this board.
    Visit I've been round the mid east, been to france, now in england, but never America.... hmmmm... Maybe I sleep walked over the atlantic? well I hope I was pleasant.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 08:23
    after watching the movie bowling 4 columbine i have come 2 a conclusion..

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150'ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

not its not like u guys have way more ppl in your country, nor do you have more guns.

what makes us so different? why do ppl in toronto leave there doors unlocked at night, even if they have been robbed 3-4 times? and ppl in the us dont?

why dont ppl go on murderous rampages in canada? we have the same tv, and video games.

what is the difference??

p.s if you havnt seen bowling 2 columbine rent it, its a very good movie, it will make you think.
    ahaha, i posted so many times that i hate americans.
    seing that documentry made me hate em even more .

and, it seems most us residents are in denial about that documentry, the seem to think its not real, and that its a fake..

lol, simple fact >> americans hate canadians because canadians arent all mentally ill like them.

( i hate canadian accent )

3. Lounge   -   #23
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Since Australia introduced tough new gun laws the rate of gun-related crimes has dropped dramatically. The problem with America is it seems to be more unusual to not own a gun than to have one. How many of those gun-related deaths were children playing with thier parents guns?

Here's a summary of Australia's gun laws by Veronica Rose.

The act:

1. bans the use and possession of automatic guns and self-loading rifles and shotguns;

2. with certain exceptions, requires anyone who owns a gun to get a license and anyone acquiring a gun to get a permit;

3. requires license applicants to establish "genuine reasons," and license and permit applicants to be deemed "fit and proper," to acquire and possess guns and meet other criteria;

4. allows a licensee to use a gun only for the reason it was licensed;

5. requires people to register their guns in a national computerized database; makes it illegal to sell, buy, have, or use unregistered guns; and allows gun sales and transfers only through licensed gun dealers;

6. allows the gun registrar to prohibit unfit people from possessing guns;

7. allows the registrar, after an investigation, to cancel a license or permit in response to a civilian complaint;

8. allows doctors to inform the registrar of any patient whose medical condition makes him unfit to possess guns;

9. sets minimum gun storage standards; and

10. allows police officers to seize, with or without warrants, guns they believe are stored unsafely or connected with violations.

The act exempts, among others, police officers, members of the military and cadet corps, prison officers performing their duties, and diplomats and consular officers with appropriate written approval. It allows aggrieved parties to appeal to an administrative appeals tribunal.

GUN LAWS IN AUSTRALIA

There's more information there if you're interested. The Australian Government is currently working on law reform for handguns.

Australia is still a relatively safe place to live although we don't feel as secure as we used to but that has nothing to do with ownership of guns.

Less guns = less deaths. It's easy really.

B)

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    yeah less guns = less deaths. i agree.

although it would be cool to run around shooting people with a gun everyonce in a while. bring some spice into my life.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by huuramis@28 October 2003 - 13:14
    yeah less guns = less deaths. i agree.

although it would be cool to run around shooting people with a gun everyonce in a while. bring some spice into my life.

You're a cheeky bugger! Here ya go.

Knock yourself out!

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    i wonder if canadian snow taste more better then amercan snow ? hmmmm

TO THE SNOW FACTORY!

... ...

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by huuramis@27 October 2003 - 22:29
    i wonder if canadian snow taste more better then amercan snow ? hmmmm

TO THE SNOW FACTORY!

... ...
    why r u always hungry? i have an idea: put your bottom lip over your head and swallow :-)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    i dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by huuramis+27 October 2003 - 19:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (huuramis &#064; 27 October 2003 - 19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheCanuk@28 October 2003 - 08:23
    after watching the movie bowling 4 columbine i have come 2 a conclusion..

if you have watched it you would know that every year 11,000 ppl die from gun deaths in the us well only 150&#39;ish ppl die in canada every year from gun deaths.

not its not like u guys have way more ppl in your country, nor do you have more guns.

what makes us so different? why do ppl in toronto leave there doors unlocked at night, even if they have been robbed 3-4 times? and ppl in the us dont?

why dont ppl go on murderous rampages in canada? we have the same tv, and video games.

what is the difference??

p.s if you havnt seen bowling 2 columbine rent it, its a very good movie, it will make you think.
    ahaha, i posted so many times that i hate americans.
    seing that documentry made me hate em even more .

and, it seems most us residents are in denial about that documentry, the seem to think its not real, and that its a fake..

lol, simple fact >> americans hate canadians because canadians arent all mentally ill like them.

( i hate canadian accent ) [/b][/quote]
    You don&#39;t even have a right to hate Americans, if anything every person everywhere, inlcuding you parents should wish you were dead. Give me one reason why you dislike Americans. Twat.

You&#39;re an insanely stupid person and should die. You&#39;re the very epitome of ignorant. You&#39;re the quintessential pre-teen fuckstick.

Just because some fat moron, aka Michael Moore made a documentary full of one sided arguments doesn&#39;t make it a fact, and doesn&#39;t make it real. Get that through your thick skull. Try living here first, then form a valid opinion.

You can&#39;t state one of your terrible opinions and try to pass it off as a fact. I&#39;m American and I love Canada and Canadians. Canada is a great place to live and visit, and the people are quite friendly.

So all Americans are mentally ill eh? I&#39;d like to see you say that face to face with an actual American, or to an American who lives in a little place we call Compton. You would be dead in two seconds, and the world would be better for it.

I hope you die a painful death, either that or lose some ignorance.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by huuramis@27 October 2003 - 20:17
    i dont understand&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

That&#39;s the story of your life.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast