Thread: Regularly Getting Blank Screen Divx Files

Hey lately it seems like every movie I download is 68: minutes long shows a little divx logo at the bottom right and then the rest is blank screen with no sound. What is this and why do so many people seem to be sharing this useless file? Or do I need to do something to "unlock" the rest of the file? I have all the latest divx codecs, any thoughts?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Originally posted by eightate8@28 October 2003 - 01:34
    Hey lately it seems like every movie I download is 68: minutes long shows a little divx logo at the bottom right and then the rest is blank screen with no sound. What is this and why do so many people seem to be sharing this useless file? Or do I need to do something to "unlock" the rest of the file? I have all the latest divx codecs, any thoughts?
    Uninstall then reinstall the k-lite codec pack.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I just tried that to no avail, but even stranger is the files themselves, they all have had different movie titles, different file sizes but they all come in with no sound or video and are exactly the same length: 62:28. The latest ones were scary movie 3, texas chainsaw massacre, and some others I can't remember. There was one error when I installed the codec pack again involving the installers inability to overwrite some protected files, I ignored this and did it anyway. These problems may stem from the fact that I deleted a file in the system 32 folder that had a virus. Ever since an error comes up when I start the machine, and it was also one of the problems during the install. Any thoughts? All of my other movies and shows work fine. Thanks for any help or ideas.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    you probably just got stung with fake files.Kazaa is notorious for that lately
    If you want new released movies your best choice is to use bit-torrent

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    yep these blank screens 4 100% fakes...

delete them as soon as u get em, and as DVD PIRATE III says use bit torrent

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Cheers for mentioning the part about "deleting" the fakes MetroStars
    I forgot to mention that completely

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    That shouldn't have to be mentioned anyway.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Or better yet..if you have downloaded a fake and have some hard drive space..rename it with "FAKE" somewhere so nobody else gets suckered!! Damn MPAA doing this I know! Ever notice all the fake file users have numbers at the end? I mean yeah some ppl have numbers in their names, but with these fakes it's like every single user is blahblah 69 or something! The MPAA seems to be using alot of servers to spread these fakes i think... and the RIAA is even wrse with all those scratches in songs! unfortunately for a 56 k guy like me Kazaa is still the fastest download so I'll have to waste time sifting thru those fakes....