Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TBy signup failure

Quote Originally Posted by zerulez View Post
    From when does the TBy has a ban for Sweden or Greece? I'm from Greece but i didn't know that there was a ban. When i was a member in TBy i remember that they have many members from Sweden and Greece.

And that's why i was wondering about why ice10ufo made an account when at the same time TBy get's me to the error page.

Thnx for your time pal!
    As there was no official announcement (well not one that I can find anyway) it is difficult to tell. However, it seems that it started around the end of March/beginning of April.

You are right though, the site has more Swedish members than any other nationality by far yet new signups from Sweden are banned. Which seems a bit odd. There are many users from Greece too.

Current users from banned countries are ok., it's just new signups that are banned.

Seems this has had a major effect on their user numbers which have dropped approx 5,000 in the last month or so.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Is there a list with the banned countries for TBy and other torrent sites?
    I have done a search in the forum but i didn't find anything...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    actually, you just had to type "banned countries" in the search box.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...rackers-327335
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Thnx for the help.
    I typed it but probably i missed the title...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Google can help. It'll find the thread even if you don't use the exact words. For example:
    http://scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi...haringtalk.com
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    I have searched google and the site but i didn't find anything about Greece or Sweden being on the banned list except the posts of pinuk.

And I was wondering something else...
    The ban is on only for new members (signups)? If I create an account from another country (for example Holland) then I could use this account from my country that it is banned?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I have only read about this in a thread in the TorrentBytes forum. It's not even in a thread about banned countries but one about why their number of active users is falling. Last time I looked there was no official list.

The ban is for new signups only - anyone already registered is ok. So as far as I am aware you can sign up in another country and use it from your country.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123