Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'WELCOME TO*HDBITS.ORG' scam email - beware

Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdasacd View Post
    this list comprises 59 absolute maximum possible sites

collector !! ! !

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    If you know HDBits has had their invite system closed for over two years, you shouldn't fall for this.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    If you know HDBits has had their invite system closed for over two years, you shouldn't fall for this.
    nope, it's "only" about 1.5 years.. and their invite system is opened, just not for everybody

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The ones that do have invites wouldn't send this kind of e-mails in the first place

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    We want names!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Hey, here ya go... avaloncraven wasn't totally truthful in the original thread about me... i emailed him and hopefully he will come out truthful. As for the rest of you, you can stop searching. Here is all you need to know:

To all of you who i have "scammed"
    I found your emails on a public site, "inviteshare" to which you registered and posted your email addresses expecting to receive invites from people willing to give away invitations. What do you expect...? I wouldn't call myself a scammer, more of a microscopic spammer, as i sent this to about only a few email addresses, of which most were spam addresses because people knew they were posting there emails for public to view. so all in all, you were not smart enough to use a spam address and you were likely too late to respond to receive one of my invites... Plus, when i sent this to 20 people, i obviously dont have 20 invites to the specific bittorrent site... To those out there that did receive an invite from me, please show yourself to prove my legitimacy!!!

I find this quite funny that you are all acting as if i wanted to trade an invite to a stupid bittorrent site for your credit card number... I never pressured anyone to join lockerz from my invite, i just layed out the details and said good luck. make a lockerz account or not, you still have your credit card, your computer, your everything! WHATS THE BIG DEAL?!?!?
    sorry that you never responded fast enough for an invite.

I tried a simmillar post in the previous thread but it was removed and my account disabled so now i am here... hopefully someone can quote this or keep a record of it before it is removed.
    THanks

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    So do you have invites or not? I know it's probably the latter, but thought I'd confirm it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdasacd View Post
    these scams are NOT sent through the database of a defunct site! It is from a LIVE site operating right now!

I know this because this scam above came through an email address of mine which I only created VERY recently (like, a week ago) and changed some of my torrent/pirate site's accounts to.

Quote Originally Posted by spammer-huh- View Post
    To all of you who i have "scammed"
    I found your emails on a public site, "inviteshare" to which you registered and posted your email addresses expecting to receive invites from people willing to give away invitations.
    oops!
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    So do you have invites or not? I know it's probably the latter, but thought I'd confirm it.
    I did, but not any more...
    And just one last thing for everyone if i may, If you dont want to receive Spam emails, dont post your email address in open forums/lists...

Is what I did Super Evil??? I mean, as i said before, nobody lost anything... If I received this email, I would make a lockerz account (with non real ID) given the chance that i might get an invite to a bittorrent site. And if I was too late, I would shrug my shoulders and keep searching for that invite. THats just how i see it, how do you feel about it??? im just curious now

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it's no big deal.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast