Thread: Torrent clients with built-in torrent searches?

Unsure

OK, now I know you can get uTorrent or Torrent Search or even Vuze (formerly Azerus) and these all have a search button. However this does not load up a simple list of torrent files, it opens up a site where the torrent is located.

Unfortunately torrent sites are infected with spyware, adware, and the ever-present all seeing eyes of the government at the moment.

Now in a program like eMule or DC++ you can search and get a list of files, from within the program. No built-in browsers or opening some site somewhere. My question is this...

Is there a Torrent client that has a built in search, so what you get when you perform one is a list of torrent files from within the program, and when you click on one of these files you download the torrent instead of loading up a browser or having to visit a torrent website?

As always I appreciate the help!
    - Deathbliss

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    AFAIK, Bitcomet have extensive search/list function but it's banned on every private tracker known to the world. So you're left with public sites like TPB and such. But you can try to go to demonoid later (down for maintenance currently).

For you answer, I can't find any torrent client that has search function like eMule yet. Because of vulnerability of cracking down by goverment to such program.
    Last edited by dandraesley; 05-07-2010 at 11:01 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbliss View Post
    Unfortunately torrent sites are infected with spyware, adware, and the ever-present all seeing eyes of the government at the moment.
    Using VerTor.com to search for torrents should protect you from the first two.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Torrentopia I believe had this option about 4 yrs ago.
    I believe they swapped it out for the same type of search the other clients are using nowadays though.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwner101 View Post
    Torrentopia I believe had this option about 4 yrs ago.
    It still does, but none of the search engines seems to work anymore.