Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Converting Mp3's To Wave

@Icebound

MP3 encoding is a lossy process. Every time you convert to MP3, inaudible information will be removed, hence some data will be lost permanently. There is no way to get that data back simply because it does not exist anymore in any shape or form.

When you convert an MP3 to WAV (lossless process, quality is 100% kept), it will only have the information that is present in the MP3. The inaudible part will still be gone since it was removed from the MP3 in the first place. The audio will sound exactly as it did when it was in MP3 format. Not better nor worse.
    It will just take up more space in order to please the standards of the WAV format.
    If you think you are listening to a better and improved audio file, it's just a placebo.

This works exactly like JPEG compression. You can save a JPG as a BMP, but it will only have the quality of the original JPG. Compress the BMP as JPG again, and you will get worse quality than the original JPG.

2. Music   -   #22
    u guys r beating a dead horse. i'm not saying it's perfect, but it does sound better.
    get this guys:

IT SOUNDS WAY BETTER, I'VE GOT TWO OF THE SAME CD'S ONE CONVERTED AND IT SOUNDS 100X BETTER.

same brand cd, same burning method, only one has been converted first.

get acoustica mp3 to wave converter plus and just try it once. u can't hear the difference on the computer, u have to test it in a car stereo ideally -- where the sound is all around you. just try it once and then tell me it's the same. i'm not fucking retarded, ok. i've been doing this for a long time. burning mp3's sucks ass, period. until then, my cd's will always sound better than yours

3. Music   -   #23
    Originally posted by Icebound@30 October 2003 - 07:02
    u guys r beating a dead horse. i'm not saying it's perfect, but it does sound better.
    get this guys:

IT SOUNDS WAY BETTER, I'VE GOT TWO OF THE SAME CD'S ONE CONVERTED AND IT SOUNDS 100X BETTER.

same brand cd, same burning method, only one has been converted first.

get acoustica mp3 to wave converter plus and just try it once. u can't hear the difference on the computer, u have to test it in a car stereo ideally -- where the sound is all around you. just try it once and then tell me it's the same. i'm not fucking retarded, ok. i've been doing this for a long time. burning mp3's sucks ass, period. until then, my cd's will always sound better than yours
    who cares, why are you still using cd's?

can't remember the last time i used an audio cd, get an mp3 player

4. Music   -   #24
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I agree taht audio CDs are better to use then data CDs but I dont agree that their better quality ripping a 192 back to wav

the reason audio is better

you can change gaps inbetwen songs (eg Pink Floyd)
    you know that the disk will play on EVERY CD player
    its nice to have all the covers to make it look bought onyl put 1 album on per CDR $1.50 each

5. Music   -   #25
    my whole point was not to have everyone "convert" to my converting practices, just to bring up a topic that is never discussed for those who have never heard of converting their mp3's to .wav before burning cd's -- a practice as old as ripping cd's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123