Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Converting Mp3's To Wave

i've never seen this discussed here and wondered if any of you convert ur audio, whether it be mp3, ogg, etc. into wave files before u burn them to cd. i've been doing this forever. it turns ur burnt cd's into perfect 1411kbps cd quality discs. some think nero converts to wave automatically, but if it does -- they have a lot of work to do because the quality is a total 180 from tracks converted to wave manually first. cd's u buy in stores r wave files. i use acoustica mp3 to wave converter plus, as i have always been using it. if u burn music cd's i HIGHLY suggest finding a converter. once u do, i bet u'll end up reburning everything u have -- as i did while back.

if this knowledge is so standard and practiced to discuss, my bad. i've never seen it here.

2. Music   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    But why do that when 192k quality is just fine and that's how cd's come noone wants to encode for no reason.

3. Music   -   #3
    no, cd's come at 1411 kbps -- considerably more than 192.
    and if u can tell a difference between 96 and 192, then saying
    1411 isn't much better than 192 is ridiculous.
    i think u need to do a little research

4. Music   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    1411 isn't much better than 192
    true but to me I can't tell the different between a real CD and 192 bit but I cna with anything lower

for the question I always burn as audio but I just drag them with nero and make a music CD it must convert them to wav itself the reason I do this is

1 you cna change the gap in between songs liek for eg Pink floyd have no gaps its very annoying burnign as data and you can't change the gaps.
    2. some CD players don't play mp3s and I want to be able to play them anywhere

you might think this is a dear way considering in Aust it Cost $1.50 per CDr here but quality matters to me also it look good haveign the back and front covers to make it look bought

5. Music   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    listen to me:

Once music is encoded to mp3, you've lost quality you'll never get back. You can decompress it to a .WAV, but you're just making it bigger.
    That's all. You don't regain any quality. It's exactly the same as it was in mp3 format, you're just wasting your time.

If you want high quality, use vbr mp3's or go for ape's, mpc, ogg or something else.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Music   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    The only thing that matters is that u can hear it so everybody quit complaining and arguing an turn on some music, .mp3 .wav .ogg and bang your head against something.

7. Music   -   #7
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    We're not arguing.
    Someone seems to have false assumptions, and it's our duty to tell the truth cuz

A: it'll save them wasted time converting
    B: (Most Important) They won't pass along the misinformation to others.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Music   -   #8
    problem with VBR is ppl dont like you sharing them and also some players can have trouble reading VBR

9. Music   -   #9
    if u don't believe me, then just try it. the difference in quality is 100% obvious to me. maybe it's the fact that 99% of the audio files i download are group-released albums by PMS, AMRC, FNS, and countless others. these releases are ripped to 192 kbps almost all the time. in fact, u can take a retail cd and rip it on your computer to whatever rate you want and convert it back to .wav in its original condition. people have been doing this for years, it was very common back in the day. i noticed a total lack of any mention on this here and thought i'd bring it up to people that were unaware of the fact that you can take your downloaded songs and convert them to their original format and burn them to a 100% retail quality cd. all converters are not equal, i am only vouching for Acoustica's mp3 to wave converter plus.

10. Music   -   #10
    once you have ripped a wav from a retail CD to 192 you have lost quality you cannot get the quality back too it original form

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast