Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You A Uk Subject Of Citizen?

Poster
    One can never be a citizen of the UK, as a system with monocracy we are subjects is this an issue or does it even matter?

MY TAKE: don’t mind being a subject but think the UK should get up to speed and accept that we are all global citizens or are we???

EDIT: Spelling, I swear i read them before i post them but still find mistakes

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by blackhatknight@29 October 2003 - 03:37
    One can never be a citizen of the UK, as a system with monocracy we are subjects is this an issue or does it even matter?

MY TAKE: don’t mind being a subject but think the UK should get up to speed and accept that we are all global citizens or are we???

The illegal immigrants think so, when we allow them to stay, give them money,
    housing etc, I think of myself as a citizen first, a loyal subject last, and that's a bit tenuous at the moment with the antics the royal fam is getting up to. I think of them as ambassadors for Britain but thats about all. I don't think there's much difference between citizen and subject exept for our unwelcome 'guests' they're denizens.
    Man U fer eva

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    We stopped being "Subjects" in the 1980's, since then we have been Citizens.

The difference is that a British "Subject" does not have the right to live in the UK, a British Citizen has...

I miss those big black passports

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by blackhatknight@29 October 2003 - 03:37

Don't worry, it's not you making the mistakes. This is a conspiracy between the global moderators against "us". When they get bored, or if "they" find we're too clever for their likings, they make subtle spelling changes, to take the p*ss. You will adjust to their sense of humour, with time.

Edit: One of the worst perpetrators is called Rat Faced

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    that's pretty creative Nigel.......and funny too

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    My passport says i am British, but i ALWAYS consider myself English, i am not a subject, nowadays the monarchy is just a cover to make mioney for tourism and industry, (the tabloids seem to do ok out of them too

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Originally posted by nigel123@29 October 2003 - 10:04

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by *´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»@29 October 2003 - 11:58
    My passport says i am British, but i ALWAYS consider myself English, i am not a subject, nowadays the monarchy is just a cover to make mioney for tourism and industry, (the tabloids seem to do ok out of them too
    The opposite of me..

I cant identify with "English", however have no trouble with "British".

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    I'm a British citizen, my parents are from India, but still British citizens,

I think monarchy is outdated and should be scrapped!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+29 October 2003 - 21:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 29 October 2003 - 21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»@29 October 2003 - 11:58
    My passport says i am British, but i ALWAYS consider myself English, i am not a subject, nowadays the monarchy is just a cover to make mioney for tourism and industry, (the tabloids seem to do ok out of them too&nbsp;
    The opposite of me..

I cant identify with "English", however have no trouble with "British".

[/b][/quote]
    To each their own, if the chap wants to think of himself as English instead of British , then let him. It doesn&#39;t come as much of a surprise anyway.

Like you I think of myself as British and it is what it says on my passport. It is also what I would put on a form were it to require my nationality. I am not sure that a nationality such as Scottish would actually have any official meaning. Much as the parochially minded would like it to.

With regard to the subject thing. Britain remains a constitutional monarchy as far as I am aware, so the Queen being any sort of head of state is really no more than titular, as such to consider one&#39;s self a subject would be pretty much meaningless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast