Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Format My Harddrive

FvKin GeniuS :D
    ive got windows 2000 pro and i wanna format my harddrive but i dont know how to

can somebody tell me how
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    i would recommend "PowerQuest PartitionMagic" useing the floppys of course some may say it is overkill but after living in dos for so long haveing a program like PowerQuest PartitionMagic makes it fun and can come in very handy.....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by exeus@28 October 2003 - 21:58
    i would recommend "PowerQuest PartitionMagic" useing the floppys of course some may say it is overkill but after living in dos for so long haveing a program like PowerQuest PartitionMagic makes it fun and can come in very handy.....
    Um that doesn't format the harddrive. That only partitions the harddrive.

If you want to partition the harddrive, the easiest way is to boot off your windows 2000 CD and select format the computer. You do realise though formattign the computer erases al our data, so I'm just telling you incase you don't know.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken+29 October 2003 - 14:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slammy_dunken &#064; 29 October 2003 - 14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-exeus@28 October 2003 - 21:58
    Um that doesn&#39;t format the harddrive. That only partitions the harddrive.

If you want to partition the harddrive, the easiest way is to boot off your windows 2000 CD and select format the computer. You do realise though formattign the computer erases al our data, so I&#39;m just telling you incase you don&#39;t know. [/b][/quote]
    from partitian magic "dos help file"

To format a partition:

1. From the Disks pull-down menu, select the disk with the partition you want to format.

2. On the disk map or in the partition list, select the partition you want to format and click OPERATIONS > FORMAT on the menu bar.

The FORMAT VERIFICATION dialog appears.

3. Type the current volume label.

4. Click CONTINUE to verify your intent to format the partition.

The FORMAT PARTITION dialog appears.

5. From the PARTITION TYPE drop-down list, select the desired file system type.

NOTE: If the partition is too small or too large, some partition types may not be available.

6. If you want, type a label for the partition.

7. Click OK.

8. Click General > Apply Changes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    I thought partition magic formatted drives as well&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by exeus@28 October 2003 - 22:57

Well you proved me wrong. At least I learned something today.

Anyways, Partition Magic CAN format PCs, but I still think it&#39;s easier to boot off the Windows 2000 CD.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken+29 October 2003 - 15:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slammy_dunken @ 29 October 2003 - 15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-exeus@28 October 2003 - 22:57

Well you proved me wrong. At least I learned something today.

Anyways, Partition Magic CAN format PCs, but I still think it&#39;s easier to boot off the Windows 2000 CD. [/b][/quote]
    yes it is i agree im just saying that partitian magic will do the job and more and also once you have it you will be amazed at how often you will use it createing formatting converting moveing copying resizeing merging etc
    i know it is overkill for what he asked but it will alow a nice gui interface and all that other stuff you will have on hand for later

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    are you reformatting the system parition?
    If so I&#39;d say yeah, just use the CD.

If you&#39;re formatting a blank drive or one that&#39;s not your windows partition, you can do that from Disk Management in
    the computer management MMC. (Right-Click &#39;My Computer&#39; > Manage)

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Boy, you guys can make things complicated.

Just boot the Windows 2000 CD and there is the choice to partition and format just before the installation.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    good old way with dos:
    make start up disk

put in and restart

type fdisk

type: format c:&#092; or watever

i think that&#39;s it. havn&#39;t done it for years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast