Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are They Teaching Our Kids?

Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    mc'Fist OOOH !!! was probably brought up thinking that gay people are bad and that its sinful and also that a womens place is in the home

its not his fault

lets blame the parents that brainwashed his mind into thinking such things

nah on second thoughts lets just blame the lil shite !
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Originally posted by Biggles@29 October 2003 - 14:31
    Curious one

I agree, the question is ambigious. One could read it as maintaining the differential of 13/18 which gives an answer of 7 and 2/9ths. However, this might be considered a little hard for a primary two student. The question regarding grammar is interesting and explains much in relation to the contributions submitted by some of the younger members of this board.

I would like to reassure BigBoab that kids do still read and that my 15 year old son has read Tolkein, Pratchett, Adams and numerous others. My 13 year old is addicted to writing and spends hours concocting weird Manga Fan Fiction which she posts on the net.
    yes I agree 10 divided by eighteen multiplied by thirteen.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Wednesday+29 October 2003 - 22:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wednesday @ 29 October 2003 - 22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@29 October 2003 - 14:31
    Curious one

I agree, the question is ambigious. One could read it as maintaining the differential of 13/18 which gives an answer of 7 and 2/9ths. However, this might be considered a little hard for a primary two student. The question regarding grammar is interesting and explains much in relation to the contributions submitted by some of the younger members of this board.&nbsp;

I would like to reassure BigBoab that kids do still read and that my 15 year old son has read Tolkein, Pratchett, Adams and numerous others. My 13 year old is addicted to writing and spends hours concocting weird Manga Fan Fiction which she posts on the net.
    yes I agree 10 divided by eighteen multiplied by thirteen. [/b][/quote]
    I will inform both of you about the dates of the resits.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

Primary 2 have re-sits&#33;&#33;&#33; Wow, I thought things had got easier
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. Lounge   -   #35
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The way this board has been going over the last few weeks, it is restarts we need.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Originally posted by Biggles@29 October 2003 - 16:11

No, I told the truth.

I feel slightly sad that you consider your life so superior that my children are condemned out of hand, but as I can have no way of ascertaining the joys of your life I must take it at face value and assume that everything you have is wonderful. Enjoy, as they say.

As for me, well, by and large, I like my life and my children are the apples of both my eyes - yes I am that sad, but I am far too old to care whether I am cool or not.
    Holy crap, Biggles bristled&#33; I never knew he had human emotion in there.

The way I read it, it seems that he felt that Sweeky&#39;s post was in regard to his and he took slight umbrage, he did.

Good on you Biggles. Before long you&#39;ll be calling us all the m*th#r fu*#ers, that we are. The gloves are off and Biggles is coming out swinging.

Funny how we can all shrug off insults to ourselves, but mess with our children, watch out&#33;.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    By the way just so you know - its better for you to be a caring parent who worries about their child then someone who doesn&#39;t give 2 shits &#33;

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;@30 October 2003 - 01:01
    By the way just so you know - its better for you to be a caring parent who worries about their child then someone who doesn&#39;t give 2 shits &#33;
    It was a joke Gemby. Biggles has a reputation of totally ignoring all flaming and bickering, as he calmly drops his thoughtful responses into the middle of a hurricaine (usually between PJaul and Dilly Bean).

This is the first time I have ever seen him "react". We have located a chink in his otherwise imperturbable armor.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Gads, a double post. I seem to be coming unraveled.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i was reading back about someone saying they were an over caring parent or something

thats sorta what i was replying to

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast