Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Un - connectable on BTN

graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Umm.. I'm not sure.. It maybe the wrong thread to post this, but please pardon my mistake and help.

I just came back from the BTN interview which may have been successful.. but didn't due to the fact that I was un - connectable on the site.

Now, for this solution given to me was to go to portforward.com and try there.

Hmm.. i remember going there before and my ip is dynamic as well..

i don't remember everything, but I know that it had been unsuccessful before.

Can anyone help me in this? (connectable port, of course)

Help Appreciated!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Let's start with the basics... do you have a router? If so, what brand and model?

Also, note having a dynamic IP doesn't play any real role in connectability status.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    anonymous0711's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i had problems connecting for a little while yesterday but its fine today maybe you should just try again

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Google is your friend. Look around for countless tutorials about forwarding ports etc. If nothing works, bug the BTN FLS.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Wait.. so you didnt pass the interview because you were not connectable? Can you use other sites and do they work fine? Are you sure that was the reason?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Let's start with the basics... do you have a router? If so, what brand and model?

Also, note having a dynamic IP doesn't play any real role in connectability status.
    I have a Siemens SL2-141 router.

Err.. I meant about port forwarding. Its written on the page, that "To setup port forwarding on this router your computer needs to have a static ip address." in port forwarding for a HTTP.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous0711 View Post
    i had problems connecting for a little while yesterday but its fine today maybe you should just try again
    It still doesn't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Google is your friend. Look around for countless tutorials about forwarding ports etc. If nothing works, bug the BTN FLS.
    I'm new to this. I've never had to do port forwarding. I only know about the portforward.com

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort101 View Post
    Wait.. so you didnt pass the interview because you were not connectable? Can you use other sites and do they work fine? Are you sure that was the reason?
    It was written in their rule that if you're not connectable. Go to portforward.com Make yourself connectable and then come back for re interview, when you're done.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    Have a look at this:
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-b...orwarding.html
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    Have a look at this:
    http://www.indiabroadband.net/bsnl-b...orwarding.html
    Nice.. but it didn't help. I followed all the steps. But still when I go to

http://passmetheremote.org/?action=connectable

The same "the port xx is closed and cannot be used at this time. Your IP address is ... "

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Don't waste your time. If you're connectable on other sites, then use TVT.com or TVT.ro for TV content. They're both better sites anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast