Thread: Digital Camera And Xp Pro

I have just installed xp pro.. all is running fine and ok.. I was running ME before and used my digitala camera with no probs on a usb port. a FUGIFINPIX 2800.
    However I just cannot get xp to recoginize it. I have tried several times and ways. It just gives me the options to change the com port 12 3 etc. I tried unistaling the usb port and finding it on start up. Wondered if anyone had a similar prob or any idea what to do.
    Thanks
    Trug

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Com ports have nothing to do with usb.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I know that is why I put a the post up. Xp just keeps trying to instal on a com port.. that is why it cannot see the camera.. I just get the options to change com port.. the camera is plugged into usb. Under Me I never had this problem..
    I can see the camera there in control panel but nothing in device manager.. cept the usb port.. there is nothing else using any usb port but they work cuz I can instal a scanner no probs

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    try getting the latest drivers form there website.

to usually install things like this u usually install the drivers then plug the camera in. and all should be well.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I take it this Me 2 Xp was an upgrade if so get your camera disc and reinstall the software come drivers for Xp.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks it was a clean install Maybe the sequence is the answer.. drivers first for xp then I will see what happens cheers again

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Correct Livy is right with usb's you put the software on first cause the drivers are normally inside there ,then plug whatever the item is in and it fines it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks for the suggestions.. did help.. There was an update needed for xp..
    Software then camera then the update had to be in that order.. Also though the comp was networked and the drive showed on the other comp.. some remaping and all is hunky dory

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    That's what this board is for nice to see some succeed.