Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What.Invite

Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post
    With so huge amount of PUs now @ What.CD, recruiting in their PU forum is just like giving invites to strangers. Moving all invite offers to Elite+ section would be a good solution.
    Actually its not,
    Not all trackers freely give out invites in the PU forums.Ones like PTN and Music Vids have some conditions to filter out traders and collectors

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post
    Massive amount of people entered What.CD just because of somehow easy-to-reach invite section, and you know it, right?
    I'm not against recruiting threads, no, I'm only voting for strictening requirements on making that forum section visible.
    And that will weed out who exactly?
    If staffing this site has taught me anything it's that the most dishonest people are likely to be the ones most well versed all things torrent related.
    By "strictening" access all you are ensuring is that maybe some truly "good " people with neither the time or the inclination to meet certain requirements are denied what certain truly "bad" people with a surfeit of both have access to.
    Or am I making too much sense?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-13-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    You'd have to be an ignorant staffer if some blog was what made you change your offer. There always seems to be some post blaming an FST poster for the closing of opportunities, but really it's just the staffers are naive or stupid, and they didn't accept the reality of private torrenting before they considered offering invites.
    Last time someone publicized the fact that BMTV was offering invites on What's PU forums, the guy got flooded with PMs by regular members and the offer was revoked. So I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that sort of thing happened. It's unfortunate, but that's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    You'd have to be an ignorant staffer if some blog was what made you change your offer. There always seems to be some post blaming an FST poster for the closing of opportunities, but really it's just the staffers are naive or stupid, and they didn't accept the reality of private torrenting before they considered offering invites.
    Last time someone publicized the fact that BMTV was offering invites on What's PU forums, the guy got flooded with PMs by regular members and the offer was revoked. So I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that sort of thing happened. It's unfortunate, but that's life.
    That wasn't exactly helped by Filenetworks blog broadcasting it to the world. I mean, I was a member of What.CD when the invites were offered, but I found out through the blog... not by browsing invites section. Sure it would've worked without the unnecessary publicity...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12