Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd is spying on Filesharingtalk

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm sure the trader hunters would see it as a breach of their privacy against their will resulting in trouble/losses (their FST account).

Of course people react positively when benefiting, that's human nature. It's just pretty silly that they expect their "privacy" to be upheld while telling the staff here to violate someone else's privacy.

It's only a problem if you've got something to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    It is kinda scary because like someone else said, viewing trade threads dont mean you trade. That being said, I have viewed a bunch of trade threads and I havent been banned at what.cd (thankfully).

What is one of the few trackers it would really suck to lose (for me at least).
    I'm fairly certain they'd cross-reference it with other evidence like IP switches, or the CSS hits on the PM trade links, etc.
    I bet you are right. Doesnt really bother me then. But I can see how it may upset some people.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    It's only a problem if you've got something to hide
    I don't like the fact that anyone can see what I'm viewing on the internet, so I try to limit all the ways possible to keep my privacy.

I'm entitled to privacy when browsing the internet, and I don't believe any site should breach that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    You're disclosing far more by giving them your IP and a non-disposable email than you are by telling them you've viewed an arbitrary page online that they have to specify, especially when it's easily circumvented in any browser.

You aren't entitled to privacy, you expect it. In fact if you take a look at the DMCA and the Patriot Act (since your flag is american) you'll see that you actually have very few rights to privacy online as far as the government is concerned.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 05-17-2010 at 04:35 AM.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    You aren't entitled to privacy, you expect it. In fact if you take a look at the DMCA (since your flag is american) you'll see that you actually have very few rights to privacy online as far as the government is concerned.
    I am very aware of our shitty rights given to us on the matter.
    Which is why I take my privacy into my own hands as much as I can.

But let me get this straight, you support the css leak that what.cd is exploiting?
    What are your feelings about me blocking this cute little exploit?

You're disclosing far more by giving them your IP and a non-disposable email than you are by telling them you've viewed an arbitrary page online that they have to specify, especially when it's easily circumvented in any browser.
    Not necessarily, what if my facebook or myspace or online banking seeps through the css leak? I prize that information more than my ip address and my email address (which not to mention is untraceable and is disposable)
    It's not like a virus that steals your username and password, but still the fact that they could look at my personal information on myspace/facebook or any personal site is not ok with me.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-17-2010 at 04:49 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    I have no problem with it personally, as I'm not receiving trade PMs or downloading cheat clients so it's completely irrelevant to me.

I don't have any sympathy for the people that are treating their accounts as commodities to trade, sell, or exploit to their maximum benefit before tossing them aside and grabbing some more. Making their lives harder isn't much of a concern for me.

If you're a trader and you're pissy about it, there's a browser fix for all the major browsers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I have no problem with it personally, as I'm not receiving trade PMs or downloading cheat clients so it's completely irrelevant to me.

I don't have any sympathy for the people that are treating their accounts as commodities to trade, sell, or exploit to their maximum benefit before tossing them aside and grabbing some more. Making their lives harder isn't much of a concern for me.

If you're a trader and you're pissy about it, there's a browser fix for all the major browsers.
    I'm sure you would have a problem if the IIPA or Warner was looking at your css links, Mr. double standards.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-17-2010 at 04:53 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post

I'm fairly certain they'd cross-reference it with other evidence like IP switches, or the CSS hits on the PM trade links, etc.
    I bet you are right. Doesnt really bother me then. But I can see how it may upset some people.
    No staffer is going to disable someone just for visiting a thread in a forum ... for all they know you're a trader hunter yourself. They're using it as an indication for further checks. Standard procedure really. It's the weight of evidence that convicts.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    I'm sure you would have a problem if the IIPA or Warner was looking at your css links, Mr. double standards.
    No more of a problem then I have with them monitoring BT swarms. It's within their power to do, and while I think their companies are full of corrupt businessmen it's up to you to protect yourself. Just like it's up to you to properly set privacy settings on a site like Facebook or Myspace. The internet really isn't that private of a place, so if you're doing something wrong and you aren't protecting yourself, you'll have to be prepared to deal with the consequences. As most of us here are probably pretty hardcore filesharers, we should be aware that in the distant future, there could be consequences based on the choices we made and the monitoring techniques they're using.

Anyway we're discussing torrent sites monitoring trade PMs and you're exaggerating it and comparing it to corporations suing people which has real life legal and monetary consequences. They aren't exactly the same thing.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Anyway we're discussing torrent sites monitoring trade PMs and you're exaggerating it and comparing it to corporations suing people which has real life legal and monetary consequences. They aren't exactly the same thing.
    Neither is Fst and what.cd

*going to bed, got to be up early tomorrow.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-17-2010 at 05:16 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast