Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd is spying on Filesharingtalk

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by backie
    Example, theres 8 or so camera's in my building alone, basically watching everyone's front door and I don't think I've ever seen the cops dealing with any crime in the row of flats I live in. Kinda pointless cameras. In the likes of the Shetland Islands there are more cameras than in the whole of San Fransico with 5.6 cameras per 1000 people. (Source wired uk 05.10) when an area that has one of the lowest crime stats in the Uk has more camera's than San Fransico something is seriously up. It's not like they catch many criminals in the act.
    But how many people has it inconvenienced in a concrete way? Sure it's stupid (though comparing a city in britain where the cctv thing is common to a city in the US where it's not is kind of silly), but at the end of the day, the cameras are at best, pointless in regular situations. And in the unlikely event someone commits a crime in that neighbourhood, it'll be recorded.

Likewise, if you aren't a trader, the CSS monitoring system is at best, pointless. If you trade/download cheats, it'll be recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    ...So really stop trying to discredit me by acting as if I don't know the limitations of the css leak.
    If I click a link to a myspace or facebook the link can be viewed by the website that is abusing the css leak, that is of course if myspace.com and facebook.com are in the list of sites being used by the attacker.
    The will know I have a facebook, myspace, and I use the Bank of america for my banking.
    Shit with that information, I could be at your doorstep by tomorrow!

I'll tell you right now I have facebook, no myspace, and don't use online baking, who am I? I also visited wikipedia earlier if that helps
    Last edited by ca_aok; 05-18-2010 at 01:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Well, I've visited many of those links and even some others shadier than the ones listed.
    What does that make me? Suppose you're a staffer from what.cd, who never heard of me, and you come cross with my profile and see I visited so many tagged links, what would you think? There lies the question.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it's not about facts, it's all about ethics and morality, dear ca_aok.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The folks this is catching aren't that concerned about ethics or morality

Re: Cabalo, I'd use it as supplemental evidence towards whatever you were being accused of doing. Visiting a link proves nothing by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    And neither should anyone. There are no shades of gray on this matter. You're either an outstanding, upright individual lead by his morals, in which case you wouldn't torrent anything, or you are a snake that makes choices, and reaps benefits of other options. I don't think anyone involved with bittorrent has so much as a right to point out moral/ethical flaws in other people's conduct.

"Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 05-18-2010 at 02:58 AM.
    Ellipses go here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    I don't think anyone involved with bittorrent has so much as a right to point out moral/ethical flaws in other people's conduct.

This sums up the whole story.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    And neither should anyone. There are no shades of gray on this matter. You're either an outstanding, upright individual lead by his morals, in which case you wouldn't torrent anything, or you are a snake that makes choices, and reaps benefits of other options. I don't think anyone involved with bittorrent has so much as a right to point out moral/ethical flaws in other people's conduct.

lol at your armchair theory, especially the "I don't think anyone involved with bittorrent has so much as a right to point out blah blah" part (which has become a classic in this forum).
    as if all ethical questions could be compared on the same level...
    that's just like saying "you can't embrace a moral point of view cause you once went to jail".
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    I could be at your doorstep by tomorrow!
    Really? If you really want to meet me that bad, I'll be at bonnaroo.
    I may even stop by the what.cd stand. lol

As for my door step... I don't even exist on a map.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 05-23-2010 at 02:45 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    lol at your armchair theory, especially the "I don't think anyone involved with bittorrent has so much as a right to point out blah blah" part (which has become a classic in this forum).
    as if all ethical questions could be compared on the same level...
    that's just like saying "you can't embrace a moral point of view cause you once went to jail".
    Clearly you and I are on different notes. We are pirates. We embrace illegal activity to get our daily fix of music, games, applications, movies, and for the insane, even TV series. That's wrong. There are no shades of gray, it's just wrong. Yet we do it, because we all can inexplicably relate to the love of free content, no matter the moral obligations to the creators and producers of said content.

Any pirate is therefore a person who sets aside moral/ethical commitments for the most part, because you find them pointless. Yet, most pirates then go on and set an ethical code of their own which they expect others to abide to.

My point is, if you are clearly unethical and unyielding of the rights or wrongs understood and followed by a respectable chunk of society, who are you to set rules or point out the flaws in other people's ethics? Maybe just as you hold the right to hold your own opinions of ethics and which lines to cross, someone else holds the same belief when it comes to trading, selling, racism etc.

Better? I'm not saying that I should disregard someone's opinion. I'm pointing out that that someone is hypocritical if he breaks (and continues to) society's rules, then creates ones of his own out of thin air expecting people to follow it.
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    another thought of dual standarts... from what i know, traders hunters are getting banned here for their activities like transparent pixels or smth.. and then other sites are hunting traders here with this css trick. and staff from those sites have accounts here.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter
    Any pirate is therefore a person who sets aside moral/ethical commitments for the most part, because you find them pointless. Yet, most pirates then go on and set an ethical code of their own which they expect others to abide to.
    Also by the looks of it caook and ringhunter wont even mind if their bank accounts get stolen or if their personal info is made public.And lol@"We are pirates so we cant talk about morality/ethics".Then lemme ask you,who are ideal candidates who can talk about morality and ethics.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast