Thread: Xp Problem

Poster
    i done a reinstall of XP and now when i do a cold boot up (example when u turn the cp on in the morning) it starts to load windows then the computer freezes on the windows logo and the bar at the bottom stops movin. then after about 5 mins the bar starts moving again and window loads up.

wat is goin on

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Might it be your hardware? How manytimes did you reinstall the software?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ive used this XP disk to do a reinstall at least 5 times. but when i use the same xp disk to install it on another pc there is no problems

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Then I'm guessing its hardware. Not sure what it might be though...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by foot loose@29 October 2003 - 22:24
    i done a reinstall of XP and now when i do a cold boot up (example when u turn the cp on in the morning) it starts to load windows then the computer freezes on the windows logo and the bar at the bottom stops movin. then after about 5 mins the bar starts moving again and window loads up.

wat is goin on
    Can you tell us exactly what hardware you have in there?

XP does have a habit of waiting for non-existant IDE devices to answer it during bootup before deciding there's nothing there (this can be turned off) but the delay would be nothing like 5 minutes.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?