Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major Bios/hd Failure....

Ok, I took all of your adivce guys, removed the new RAM, took out all extra PCI cards, and wipped the BIOS with the jumper on the motherboard.

It loaded perfectly, I was pretty happy with myself...

Only problem now is, though, if for any reason the system powers down/reboots/etc., the BIOS are wipped and I have to reset it with the jumper every time I want to turn it on. Major problem >_<...

I did go to the Aopen website and use their tools to update to the newest BIOS version, still doing it....

I also found out port 443 (HTTPS) was open on my computer for the past few days, sending info to some random IP that only showed the default text viewpoint.com.... very suspicous. I recently heard that this is part of a major DDOS virus/worm that is turning computers into zombie boxes and then attacking... possibly causing whatever problem i&#39;m having with the BIOS. This is just speculation though, no facts. Norton obviously knows nothing about it or todays update would have caught it i&#39;d think....

Any ideas? I really can&#39;t stand unplugging everything from my computer and resetting the BIOS by hand every time I turn it off...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    If you have XP then if it is a virus it could be sitting in one of your restore points.Disable system restore and do a virus scan again.If there was a virus there it should be deleted then and you could turn system restore back on.

As for the BIOS resetting everytime you reboot,are you sure you returned the jumper to the proper position? I am not saying you are stupid but it does happen sometimes,I have seen it. Does your board have a jumper so you can write protect your BIOS? If it does then just enable it and you shouldn&#39;t have anymore problems with it resetting.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Ok... I&#39;m going to try the restore method..

and i&#39;m 100% sure the jumper goes back on the right setting before i power on.

no, I don&#39;t think there is a jumper for write protection...

I&#39;m out for the night, thanks for the help guys...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12