Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Office Xp

I recently downloaded Office XP to my PC from Kazaa Lite and installed it, but when I try to install the update (SP1), it will not install because it says C:/config.msi/"a certain file" cannot be found. Some of these files that it cannoft find are 'PTBE9.tmp', 'PTBFP.tmp', and 'PTD16.tmp'. If I click ignore it says it cannot install the update. Can anyone help me with this? Or maybe get these files to me if you have Office XP by putting them in a ZIP file or something and sending as an e-mail attachment? Just an idea.

Thanks!

the TranSplanted

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    What size is the file you have downloaded?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    http://notorious.dezines.com/notorio...cles/xpsp1.htm

http://notorious.dezines.com/notorio...cles/xpsp2.htm

This method does work. Just make sure you follow the instructions. I'd type more but this question gets asked all the time and i just can't be bothe.......

In future, please do a search.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Smurfette@30 October 2003 - 01:09
    The file size was 404, 601 kb

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by thetransplanted+30 October 2003 - 02:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thetransplanted &#064; 30 October 2003 - 02:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Smurfette@30 October 2003 - 01:09
    The file size was 404, 601 kb[/b][/quote]
    Bloodyhell that&#39;s big for the update, I&#39;m looking at a 32MB zip file of SP1 and 2.
    I thought you may have just downloaded one of the setup files that is extracted when you run the update but with a file that size you must be meaning the XP installation itself rather than the upgrade.

Never mind.
    Follow LTJBukem&#39;s links as it looks like another common problem that I haven&#39;t come across.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@30 October 2003 - 01:12

This method does work. Just make sure you follow the instructions. I&#39;d type more but this question gets asked all the time and i just can&#39;t be bothe.......

From the notorious networks webpage:
    "To create an Administrative Installation Point, Office XP CD 1 is required."

I downloaded this from kazaa, as this method won&#39;t work because I do not have the Office Xp CD.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Smurfette+30 October 2003 - 03:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 30 October 2003 - 03:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by thetransplanted@30 October 2003 - 02:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-Smurfette
    @30 October 2003 - 01:09

The file size was 404, 601 kb
    Bloodyhell that&#39;s big for the update, I&#39;m looking at a 32MB zip file of SP1 and 2.
    I thought you may have just downloaded one of the setup files that is extracted when you run the update but with a file that size you must be meaning the XP installation itself rather than the upgrade.

Never mind.
    Follow LTJBukem&#39;s links as it looks like another common problem that I haven&#39;t come across. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I&#39;m talking about the Office installation itself.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by thetransplanted+30 October 2003 - 03:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thetransplanted &#064; 30 October 2003 - 03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@30 October 2003 - 01:12

This method does work. Just make sure you follow the instructions. I&#39;d type more but this question gets asked all the time and i just can&#39;t be bothe.......

From the notorious networks webpage:
    "To create an Administrative Installation Point, Office XP CD 1 is required."

I downloaded this from kazaa, as this method won&#39;t work because I do not have the Office Xp CD.[/b][/quote]
    Use WinRAR (my preference, you can use whatever you can get to work) to extract the OfficeXP file you downloaded into a new folder, then run "setup /a" from there...

for example:
    Create a new folder C:&#092;OXP&#092; and extract the OfficeXP file into there.
    From the Run dialog box type C:&#092;OXP&#092;setup.exe /a

That should create an admin install point.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Yeah to what Smurfette said, sorry i should have maybe explained that. I have the same version of Office XP Professional with FrontPage by Ear Biscuits and this procedure works just fine.

Be sure to follow the instructions exactly, you can burn the unzipped OXP files to disc if you want, that&#39;s what i did. Also, you need sp1a, this is not the same as the usual sp1.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Thanks. This worked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast