Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no its not, and it probably never will be!

captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    i have seen so many threads with the topic;

is usenet safe?
    is torrenting safe?
    is mule-edonkey thing safe?
    anonymous irc..
    secure ftp downloading.

la de da..hundreds of others too.

right:it never has been or ever will be 100% secure.NOT EVER.

with any of the above you will always leave a trace of some sort, its just a fact because whatever kind of electronic connection you make to anything it leaves a trace. if its a phonecall, paypal payment, bittorrent connection it always does.

the only saving grace the way i see it, is in the numbers.
    just like not paying car insurance, driving when disqualified, not paying a tv licence or downloading there are so many people doing it they cant go after everyone.

thats why they go for scene servers, torrent sites or as of late usenet providers. you go for the drug kingpin not the 10 million doing blow @ the weekend.

its never secure, get over it.

rant over.
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm good for you.
    7 proxies beg to differ.
    Last edited by TONiC; 05-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    7 proxies? I don't know what you are thinking but 7 proxy,means your connection bouncing over 7 different servers around world, if you include the routing servers too number increases dramatically. This means 6-10 times more digital trace left behind(depending of locations of your proxy servers)

captive is right, nothing can save hide your ass %100, in fact no such thing as %100 in this world, there is a 0.00(...)01 chance that you might actually die before finishing reading this post. This is the very thing makes this world so beautiful...

but this is no reason to not use peerblock, a proxy/vpn and a basic firewall
    Last edited by Expeto; 05-15-2010 at 06:23 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I'm good for you.
    It's a meme originating from 4Chan in concerns to raids, notably DDoS attacks and hacking.

For more information on internet lulz : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page
    Last edited by TONiC; 05-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    7 proxies? I don't know what you are thinking but 7 proxy,means your connection bouncing over 7 different servers around world, if you include the routing servers too number increases dramatically. This means 6-10 times more digital trace left behind(depending of locations of your proxy servers)
    This is not how it works. The last proxy only has the information of the previous proxy. That proxy only has the information of the proxy before it. Etc. This means that you will need to track ALL of the proxies, instead of just one. You are not 7 times as insecure, but 7 times as secure.

captive is right, nothing can save hide your ass %100, in fact no such thing as %100 in this world, there is a 0.00(...)01 chance that you might actually die before finishing reading this post. This is the very thing makes this world so beautiful...
    I think flowers do a better job making this world so beautiful. Not gay.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    7 proxies beg to differ.

if you really think it would take someone who knows what they are doing more that 10mins to find what your ip is, you are kiddin yourself.

someone i know could find you ip with a bit of software in 30 seconds. i shit you not.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I'm good for you.
    [sarcasm] You're right I feel so terrible I've left all my tracks on the internet... hundreds of accounts... all assigned to my IP... don't worry man I'm quitting the internet as from today! Gunna get back to using the old sneakernet [/sarcasm]

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    7 proxies beg to differ.

if you really think it would take someone who knows what they are doing more that 10mins to find what your ip is, you are kiddin yourself.

someone i know could find you ip with a bit of software in 30 seconds. i shit you not.
    haha wtf. Please tell me more about this special kind of software you are speaking of.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    It's a meme originating from 4Chan in concerns to raids, notably DDoS attacks and hacking.

For more information on internet lulz : http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Main_Page
    ok, mistake understood. By the way pretty hilarious picture

This means 6-10 times more digital trace left behind(depending of locations of your proxy servers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overmaster View Post
    instead of just one. You are not 7 times as insecure, but 7 times as secure.
    Read again, I said nothing about being less secure, I said way more digital trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Overmaster View Post
    I think flowers do a better job making this world so beautiful. Not gay.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    [sarcasm] You're right I feel so terrible I've left all my tracks on the internet... hundreds of accounts... all assigned to my IP... don't worry man I'm quitting the internet as from today! Gunna get back to using the old sneakernet [/sarcasm]
    did i ever say i gave a toss what people do, just that its not and never will be secure so people should give up asking how to make it so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast