Thread: Ripping For Mp

I want to continue to use XP WMP9 to play my mp3's. I rip them from CD at 192CBR using a decoder addon from cyberlink that does the job in minutes and is totally integrated.
    What I have found out from you guys is that the EAC / LAME method would be better. But this would not be compatable with MP, is that correct. If so, what would be the best choice for ripping / decoding to work with MP9

2. Music   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    it would work with WMP, all mp3 do work with wmp no matter with which programm they are ripped.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. Music   -   #3
    I appreciate that it will play but will I be able to tag the files so that MP9 will catalogue them?

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by idontbelieveit@30 October 2003 - 20:14
    I appreciate that it will play but will I be able to tag the files so that MP9 will catalogue them?
    if you rip with dbpoweramp it should automatically tag them
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Music   -   #5
    128kbs-192kbs, it doesnt matter really, just dont use like 56kbs....remeber, the higher bitrate the bigger the file

6. Music   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@30 October 2003 - 21:23
    128kbs-192kbs, it doesnt matter really, just dont use like 56kbs....remeber, the higher bitrate the bigger the file
    it doesn matter A LOT

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

7. Music   -   #7
    dude,

use EAC to ri[p and convert to mp3 LAME, using one of the switches. You can go for the standard switch (leas size for descent quality) Tagging should be taken care of once you get the CD info from the net, prior to ripping.

8. Music   -   #8
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    In EAC you can set it up to aquire CD information as soon as a you insert the cd, then when you rip it, you can set it so it will always
    tag according the the CDDB info.

In EAC, on the file menu, go to:
    EAC > General tab > Select "On Unknows CDs" & "automatically access online freedb database"

for the tagging, go:
    EAC > Compression Options > check Aditionally Write ID3v2 tags
    a padding of 4k is suggested.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

9. Music   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    rip them as 192s 128s suck and thease days 192 is standard now

128s are for noobs still using kazaa