Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A bit paranoid (email related)

Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by tippertime View Post
    a lot of trackers let you change your email...i would go ahead and do that where you can
    you can do that on every tracker actually,but on some you may need the staff to do that for you

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    + a good reason why you want that,not trade

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    The original e-mail associated to that account was hijacked with no chance of recovery, or you simply don't use it anymore?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Would it be stupid to think that this depends on what country you're installed in?

I mean... There are lots of countries that you shouldn't be so worried about that while in others you should definitely be!

What do you think?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I've got an seperate email account for these purposes. I would never use an adress where people could track it back to me. But hey, that's just me

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    Would it be stupid to think that this depends on what country you're installed in?

I mean... There are lots of countries that you shouldn't be so worried about that while in others you should definitely be!

What do you think?
    That may have some degree of importance when it comes to filesharing but then comes a point about when is it safe to distribute a "personal" email address versus a "public" one. Actually that's an interesting question, I am curious of everyone's opinion.

I think instead of managing a whole different email account I am going to make an email alias on my webserver and have it auto-forward to one of my main email addresses, do you think that is acceptable?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    use Gmail for tracker sign ups.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    just use gmail, its free btw.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by babab007 View Post
    just use gmail
    SMS confirmation

Everyone says they aren't asked to do it, but I am!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babab007 View Post
    just use gmail
    SMS confirmation

Everyone says they aren't asked to do it, but I am!
    Yeah.. at first it wasn't there. But from last 5-6 months, its been coming (maybe). I've used up all the cellphones in my home..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast