Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A bit paranoid (email related)

Yeah I had a similar signup issue with SMS. I think I will just make a dummy account on my webserver for tracker signups

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i woudn't use .edu account on trackers. it isn't just about anti-piracy trying to track you down. often you hear about tracker db getting hacked. if you're in 10 or so trackers the risk is higher. each tracker will have about ~10 staffs who can look into your info. now staffs are meant to be 'trusted' people in the community, but there are several cases where it has gone wrong.

if gmail does not work, just get yahoomail, it works for most trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    Sometimes Yahoo won't do the job either, just look at stoi's last BCG code giveaway

Personally, FastMail has never let me down.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    Reading all this, I say just get Gmail.... you should feel paranoid. Just get a gmail account.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by chinchi11as View Post
    i woudn't use .edu account on trackers. it isn't just about anti-piracy trying to track you down. often you hear about tracker db getting hacked. if you're in 10 or so trackers the risk is higher. each tracker will have about ~10 staffs who can look into your info. now staffs are meant to be 'trusted' people in the community, but there are several cases where it has gone wrong.

That is a very realistic issue, yeah I understand lots of hackers try to get lists of emails for spam and whatnot or maybe even more dangerous things. Yahoo has never let me down either, I'll consider that.

Never used FastMail before.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    http://www.hushmail.com/ is good. Using your real email isn't smart What happens when someone decides to track you down and fuck with your shit which is much more likely than a 'raid' sparking the authorities interest imho.

and what's with gmail wanting sms confirmation. I got that the other day I was all o.O

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    AdrianPhoto's Avatar Nice Member BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    GMail is the best for those private trackers..

I LOVE Canada

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    and what's with gmail wanting sms confirmation. I got that the other day I was all o.O
    GMail account sellers are having a real good time with SMS confirmation.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    GMail has had SMS confirmation for as long as I can remember...although I've only had experience with GMail dating back to late 2007.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
    GMail has had SMS confirmation for as long as I can remember...
    As far as I know, they implemented it around July 2009, at least for my country.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast