Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A bit paranoid (email related)

Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just use gmail. I have over 7 accounts. That way you can walk away and say it's not yours.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    Just use gmail. I have over 7 accounts. That way you can walk away and say it's not yours.
    Wow 7 accounts seems a little excessive unless you are doing a ton of stuff besides p2p which makes sense. I guess the good part about Gmail at this point is that it is not as "social" as say Hotmail or Yahoo which has this profile and wants you to link your other sites via apps to it and what not, sounds like a bad idea to use such personal addresses in something like p2p.

What I am actually doing right now though I just making a dummy account on my webserver that has SendMail and Roundcube. The domain is whois protected and I plan on getting rid of it eventually anyways so I don't expect many problems there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
    GMail has had SMS confirmation for as long as I can remember...
    As far as I know, they implemented it around July 2009, at least for my country.
    I got it for the first time a couple months ago when I was creating a new Gmail address. As far as I know, it only happened after I failed the image test ~5 times in a row/pressed a couple wrong buttons. When you do something odd/screw up a lot it probably gets suspicious and triggers something.

I'm guessing if you're using a proxy/creating multiple accounts within a short time frame (making it think you might be a bot) it'll get on your nerves.

It certainly doesn't happen to me on a regular basis, though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    I'm guessing if you're using a proxy/creating multiple accounts within a short time frame (making it think you might be a bot) it'll get on your nerves.
    Pretty strange, considering I very rarely use e-mail, in general. However, last time I tried to make a GMail account, it did make me type the captcha a lot of times for absolutely no reason, before redirecting me to the SMS confirmation screen. I guess Google just doesn't like me
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Pretty strange, considering I very rarely use e-mail, in general. However, last time I tried to make a GMail account, it did make me type the captcha a lot of times for absolutely no reason, before redirecting me to the SMS confirmation screen. I guess Google just doesn't like me
    Maybe some staff from a certain tracker has sent your details to google. They are very powerful people.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Maybe some staff from a certain tracker has sent your details to google.
    You've just given the term "global ban" a new meaning.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234