Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BD25 Prices Continue Fall

For those who like to 'test burn' with an erasable before committing to a burn-once disc, Supermeda is selling Ritek Ridata/2X BE's for about $7 (typical) but in bulk (10+) for $4.99/ea, abut the best deal I've seen for those types (and with free ground shipping for >$25).

I have a fair stack of 2x Ritek BE's that I 'rotate' and use before doing a sight check and re-burning onto burn-once types, and I paid well over even $7/ea for them a few months back, and have only had one go 'south' on me although most have been burned're-burned probably 5-10 times at least by now. As my write-once types are all hub inkjet printable, I need to get cracking at printing the things out before I get hip deep in the things....

BTW, 15/25 packs (inkjet hub-printables) costing hasn't budged much in the past 2-3 months, still around $36 for a 25 cake-pack. I was thinking that over the holidays there would be some deals, but nope.
    Last edited by Beck38; 01-28-2011 at 02:14 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    Last edited by heiska; 05-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by heiska View Post
    I fail to see any value in keeping something I have already seen, such a waste of space+time.
    This may come as a surprise to you, but many of us collect things so that we can share them at a later date, such as when they are no longer available otherwise.

And anyone who uses traditional P2P should know that the more material that gets shared, the more that will be available for others to download. But then sadly it seems that most people have no interest in sharing -- only in consuming.
    Last edited by zot; 01-29-2011 at 12:35 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    It's been a very long time since I updated this thread... mainly because the price levels of BD25's really haven't changed a whole heck of a lot.

But the pricing of BD50's sure has, even the inkjet printables, which has lately dived to as low as ~$8.50 or so. Verbatim no less.

Why the BD25's haven't budged is a good question. Oh well.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Interesting thread...& I have an off topic question lol. Does anyone know if there is a way to archive multiple standard def retail dvd9's to a bluray 25 & have them playable on a stand alone bluray player?

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Interesting thread...& I have an off topic question lol. Does anyone know if there is a way to archive multiple standard def retail dvd9's to a bluray 25 & have them playable on a stand alone bluray player?
    This software claims to be able to do 10 VideoDVD's on 1 Bluray disk.

http://www.dvdnextcopy.com/ultimate.aspx
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    It really has less to do with 'software' than in the capabilities of your bluray player.

The sizing is such that you can easily put 3 DVD9's on a BD25 (good Verbatim DVD9's are a bit under $1/printable whereas the BD25 is $1.50/printable, so the costing 'works'). I have no trouble doing this w/o any 'fancy' s/w as my Bluray player does MKV, Mpeg2, and allows one to see the disc 'structure', which can easily be multiple SD/Mpeg2 'discs'.

I might add, in my case, either Video_ts OR ISO structures. You might check your player for compatibilities,
    Last edited by Beck38; 05-28-2011 at 09:45 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    newsgroupie
    pardon me for getting off-topic here, but is there software that will convert audio CDs into Blu-Ray format?

Apps like DVD2one will let a user combine several audio CDs onto a single "audio" DVD, remastered in 'simulated' Dolby 5.1, but DVD2one does not support blu-ray. (Maybe they feel that a DVD's half-dozen hours of music per disk is all anyone will ever need?) I just wondered if anyone knows of any BD-R authoring software that will do this.

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    pardon me for getting off-topic here, but is there software that will convert audio CDs into Blu-Ray format?
    'Format'? Again, it depends on your player. Maybe if your player doesn't 'see' the structure of data on the disc, you'll need some sort of formatting s/w to 'fake out' the player and make it think it's doing one thing while actually doing another.

I would 'think' that if your BR player plays SD/DVD's, CD's, and the like, it will play a Bluray (BD-R) disc just fine, depending on (again) the 'structure' of the folders/directories on the disc. If you can't figure it out from the player manual, you might take a BD-RE disc and try out some differing ways.

I guess that I checked out things too well before I bought them, in short, the Popcorn Hour C200 w/ BR disc player. Plays everything I throw at it, either on disc (of any type), on USB (disc or thumb drive) or over the network. I've come close to buying a Samsung stand-alone BR player, but won't until I read a review where it will do close to the same (although I would like the Netflix/Blockbuster capabilities, but would also like Amazon built in); the last has been 'announced' but Samsung says 'sometime this summer'.

I'll wait until it actually happens..
    Last edited by Beck38; 05-29-2011 at 04:03 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I have a Sansung BR player, but I haven't tried a whole lot with it yet. I'm going to in the next few days however, & I'll post whatever results I get here. Mostly I've just used it to stream from my desktop & play retail BR's so far.

I just got a Liteon BR burner a few weeks ago & haven't had the time to try different things with it yet, so I'm curious...
    Last edited by teflon05; 05-29-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast