Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: BD25 Prices Continue Fall

My 'benchmark' price for Ritek Injet Hub printable cake box BR disc dipped to around $1.30 the other week, but that was on 'special'. It's crawled back up to $1.40/ea ($35 with free shipping) although BD50's sill are around $8.30/ea for Verbatim Inkjet printables. I wonder when the 'majic' $1/disc level will be reached, maybe by the end of this year...

There are lots of BD25 MKV recodes listed on NZBMatrix, search for 'MergeKit', going back a few months. I don't think anyone here on this board has posted any of the nzb's as of yet.

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    newsgroupie
    it seemed like blank CDs hovered around the $1+ range for a long time, but dropped about the time DVD-Rs came out.

I wonder if "Trapdoor" has moved from DVDs to releasing full-BD disks?

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    theres also a good range of bd25's at www.totalhd.org

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    Just tripped across this, ordered up a couple:

http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...ble-media-25pk

at $1.12/ea in a pack of 25. I've used over 200 of these, had only one 'coaster' and that was probably my fault. I've also gone back and rechecked some of the first ones I burned (>6 months ago) and they play just fine.

Anyway, at $28/pack w/free ground shipping, that's the cheapest ever. $10 off for how long I don't know. Grab 'em while they last.

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    Been quite a while since I update this.... simply because the prices seem to have 'stalled' right around the $1.35-45 range, sometimes getting a bit lower by 5 cents or so. Of course, this is Inkjet-Hub printable, the 'silver' types are around $1.10ea or thereabouts.

Exactly why it hasn't fallen at all, no specials I've tripped across sine the last post in August, is a good question. Wish I'd have bought more, but the supply I had 'on hand' and I still have some 35+ or more left 'on the shelf', is probably because of the economy (might as well blame it on that).

I still do a 'round about' a couple times a week, but lately the prices have been creeping up, not down. The 'off-brand' types (silver not inkjet) get down to around 90cents ea., but I don't know if it's worth it. Probably not.

How about some Thanksgiving sales?

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    First price drop on BD25's in quite a while, Meritline Ritek inkjet printables at $1.20/ea in a 25 pack cake box (total: $29.99 w/ free ground shipping). Everyone else is still at $38+ for the same item.

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'm pretty sure I posted several things in this thread awhile back. It appears those posts have been spirited away, fucking ss.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    Super Price Drop Alert!

Supermedia Store Ritek Ridata Blu-Ray White Inkjet Hub Printable 4X 25GB BD-R Media 25 Pack in Cake Box at $25.95 (or $1.04/ea)
    just about the lowest price ever seen. NOTE: no free shipping unless you get a couple of these to get it over $50, then ground shipping is free.

Grab 'em while their hot.

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    Here's an interesting development: TDK has begun shipping 6x BD-R discs (non-printables) @$1.20/ea (25pk cakebox). How long that price will last will be interesting, but the Ridata Inkjet types are holding at at $1.04/ea.

Anyone taking a look at internal HD prices reallly needs to be sittting down. All those manufacturers who bought into putting all their ducks in one basket (better known as Southeast Asia) are watching their profits drop off a cliff along with their production rates.

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    Anyone taking a look at internal HD prices reallly needs to be sittting down. All those manufacturers who bought into putting all their ducks in one basket (better known as Southeast Asia) are watching their profits drop off a cliff along with their production rates.
    I understand that it's a similar situation with optical disk manufacturers - and so many other things these days.

It's also not comforting to think that the worldwide usenet industry is concentrated in just two cities. (and maybe soon-to-be one -- if the court-ordered shutdown of News-Service.com spills over to the other Dutch providers)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast