Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BD25 Prices Continue Fall

The BD25 continues to appear headed towards the replacement of the DVD5, at least price wise (and maybe use wise).

For pricing, I utilize Supermicro, with a disc type of BD25/RiData (Ritek)/Inkjet (hub printable), 4x. (pricing double-checked with other internet sales)

Last month, cakebox 25ea, $$3.25 per disc.

The month, same, $2.40 per disc.

Not on special 'sale', either.

We'll see next month what gives. BTW, 50GB still hovers around $13+ ea.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    mindlock's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    That's awesome news, Beck38. Hope they get down to like 25 BD25s for $35, along the price of 25 DVD9s....

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    If only bluray burners were cheaper.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mindlock's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by cola View Post
    Bought mine for $119, but took six weeks to ship from Hong-Kong....

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Thats still too rich for my blood.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cola View Post
    Seems Pioneer BDR-205 (internal) 12x Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer to be the best thus far, and the price is acceptible. Check it up.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I standardized on Pioneer a long time ago with DVD burners, and got one of the BDR205's a couple months ago ($220+); price now is around $185 at Newegg. So it's coming down as well.

The first DVD burner I owned was a Sony (2002), >$300, so the Pioneer was a steal. (!)

The 'big question' right now is, how the pricing on the consumer discs themselves is going to drop (or not). Lots of 'used' discs are now hitting the market at the $7 level, so the differential between that and burning your own is a bit thin, although as the blanks prices drop...

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I have been crazy about SONY long time ago. Not anymore: everything comes and goes if you start thinking about moneymaking machine only. Pioneer BDR-205 appears to be the BD burner of choice if you compare characteristics and prices of comparable products. The price for Pioneer BDR-205 dropped probably just because of entire unfavourable economical situation: no buyers anymore. The prices of BD discs will probably be dropping also. The new generation of BluRay discs also are comming (the manufacturing tends to be cheeper).
    Last edited by gotfree; 05-27-2010 at 07:32 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Does anyone know of a good Blu-Ray player that will playback *.MKV files that are larger than 4GB?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KS-202 View Post
    Does anyone know of a good Blu-Ray player that will playback *.MKV files that are larger than 4GB?
    We're talking about computer drives here, you seem to be confusing that with 'stand alone' type players.

Any disc player (including standard DVD up to DVD9) can play mkv files, it's all s/w either on your host computer, or in the myriad network players out there (like PCH). Several of these (again, like the PCH), have models that can hold a BR disc player, and can play from DVD/BR discs, an attached network, or even a memory card/flash drive.

There are a couple of 'real' manufactured stand-alone type that can play mkv, but so far although they'll play either disc or flash memory, I've not seen any that will do network streaming (although they will do netflix and things like that).

Also, they tend to be on the higher end price wise, next to the 'bargain' types around $100, instead are in the $350-600 range at a minimum.

But I haven't seen any as flexible as the new PCH C-200 type (which I have, with BR/DVD player, around $450 total).

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast