Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Post Should Count

Poster
    We are not superior to other posters in anyway but i think this is one of the best bits of this forum, and i really think, in order to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of many and the efforts (some people have went to great length to find informative and relavent arguements to support their view points) that posts in this furum should count towards ones post count simply to acknowledge the effort put in.

I have found many excepential indiviiduals here and if the truth be told i believe you are all execptional including the ones that i don't get along with the best, and the contributions here are as in a much detail and in as well pain staking reaserched as those in bookworld and gameworld and possibly other forums

I love this forum lets make it the best it can be and reward those that put in the effort, this should not only be the forum for kazaa i believe this has the potential to be the best form there is bar none

I also accept this is the Kazaa lite forum and as result it should be more computer based so if i'm talking crap tell me

EDIT: for spelling and small changes to content at authors Discretion

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Posters in this sub-forum are respected for the quality of their posts not the quantity. You may be correct that people here contribute posts which are thoughtful and intelligent and rarely digress into the "spam zone". Such efforts help to create a sense of community, although outside the realm of P2P, and therefore, should receive post counts. However; the opposite side of that coin is that these same people could care less about such a trivial matter.

I fear that silly spammers might venture into our private corner simply for the sake of gaining post counts and disrupting the flow of an otherwise productive thread.

You should compare the "gun control" thread here, versus the one in the general forum (funny thing about Canada). Our is calligraphy, theirs is crayons.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This is a "FILESHARING" forum
    If you feel rewarded by post counts then try to get a better life than the one you have now
    Say what you have to say without wanting kudos for it. If there is nothing meaningful to say not having post counts would probably help curb shitty posts which in turn make for a better board.
    And if you didn't notice:

I totally hate post counts anyway
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Originally posted by Busyman@29 October 2003 - 03:31
    If you feel rewarded by post counts then try to get a better life than the one you have now
    Say what you have to say without wanting kudos for it. If there is nothing meaningful to say not having post counts would probably help curb shitty posts which in turn make for a better board.

I really like the "get a life" comment, such a constructive addition to your post. Can you not make your point without being personal?

edit: added major edit to first post.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Busyman@29 October 2003 - 02:31

This is a totally fair comment though i feel you maybe have taken the wrong end of the stick, maybe it is self indulgent and irrelavent that post counts matter, my take on it (and i really hope i conveyed this) was that it should be up there with rest in rather than hidden in off topic

post counts don't matter and maybe i am talking crap, which is fair enough those that read my posts will notice i'm prone to do this, lol

EDIT: spelling does it still suck? probably

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@29 October 2003 - 02:29
    Posters in this sub-forum are respected for the quality of their posts not the quantity.  You may be correct that people here contribute posts which are thoughtful and intelligent and rarely digress into the "spam zone".  Such efforts help to create a sense of community, although outside the realm of P2P, and therefore, should receive post counts. However; the opposite side of that coin is that these same people could care less about such a trivial matter.

I fear that silly spammers might venture into our private corner simply for the sake of gaining post counts and disrupting the flow of an otherwise productive thread.

You should compare the "gun control" thread here, versus the one in the general forum (funny thing about Canada).  Our is calligraphy, theirs is crayons.
    I've been thinking about this, to be honest, and if your are right it should stay where it is at (I strongly suspect you are i.e. right)

Makes this thread sort of pointless, but then isn't that what it's all about disscussing ideas people state their opinions and sometimes they change

EDIT: spelling and last paragraph

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes+29 October 2003 - 02:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 29 October 2003 - 02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@29 October 2003 - 03:31
    And if you didn&#39;t notice:

I really like the "get a life" comment, such a constructive addition to your post. Can you not make your point without being personal?

edit: added major edit to first post. [/b][/quote]
    uhh....no
    "You" is anyone that might fit the category and thus take it "personal".
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I believe post counts to be of no importance whatsoever.

If I find myself wondering, I look at "Member #", or "Joined" date-tells me all I need to know.

If someone establishes (or seeks to establish) a "presence" here, they&#39;re pretty hard to miss.

Hobbes? Busyman?

Both of you-go play in the traffic.

I&#39;ll drive.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Could it be because I see at least eight threads with your name on it?

Posts shouldn&#39;t count here. It helps keep the spammers out. Just check out Musicworld to see what I mean.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@29 October 2003 - 02:05
    Could it be because I see at least eight threads with your name on it?

Posts shouldn&#39;t count here. It helps keep the spammers out. Just check out Musicworld to see what I mean.

And there you have it.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast