Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: advantages of using public trackers over private trackers

Quote Originally Posted by idanF View Post
    you can alwais upload in your maximum speed in popular torrents.
    Yes, specially packs or compilations. Sometimes I wish seeding on certain private sites was that easy.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster
    You probably would avoid most e-drama, and your time would be better spent in the long run in your life if you use public trackers. And you avoid the e-penis battle too, because you wouldn't hear how his TPB is more l33t than her Mininova account, or how he got an account while you don't. And then maybe you don't have so much trouble for both tracker and user because rule breaking (i.e. trading) wouldn't exist.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The only decent half-public site is Demonoid. Everything else pales in comparison to private trackers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Less e-drama, no rules, good for getting something "on the fly" without ratio considerations and the like.

In theory, private trackers are worse for anonymity since they have a username with records of everything you have ever downloaded, uploaded, your IP address(es), email etc. etc. where as this information can be easily manipulated or is not present on public trackers. Hop on a VPN and you're set.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234