Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invision Board Setting Up

okay, i need someone who has set up an invisionboard before to help me...

do i have to edit the config_global.php file before i upload it? or do i just upload the "upload" folder and then chmod it?

I'm confuse if i have to input the sql_user, pass, and database or will it prompt me for it later?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You dont have to edit anything. Just upload the whole folder and chmod it. When you run the installation it will ask for all that information.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yea thatz what i wanted to know... wait so theres no php file that automatically chmods everything?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Soul814@31 October 2003 - 17:40
    yea thatz what i wanted to know... wait so theres no php file that automatically chmods everything?
    No. You have to set the permissions yourself through ssh or telnet or if u have an ftp program like WS FTP then you can do it from there too
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Once set up, go to

http://mysite.com/sm_install.php

Then follow it from there.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lol got it set up... now im just wondering what type of forum i should make it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Here is an install guide for most common forum softwares. This might answer any questions if you have while you are installing.

Install Guide to forum softwares

Hope this helps.
    I.am

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Soul814@31 October 2003 - 18:41

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Soul814@31 October 2003 - 23:41

You should know, then make it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    what you mean? i just wanted to set up a forum...

im thinking of making a new site after im done w/ the one i currently have...

one on software, like reviews and stuff / downloads but no cracks or serials provided...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast