Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Private Torrent Tracker Script?

backie's Avatar Demigod BT Rep: +1
    Whatever at the end of the day its up the the OP what he picks, what is used more TBdev/Gazelle if he wants to go with a unkown source or even worse, have to pay for one, then thats entirely up to him, he was asking for advice i gave him advice, if he doesnt want to take that advice and would rather use yours, then fine by me, but arguing about it wont help him
    Actually me pointing out that securing TBDev shouldn't be looked at as an easy task should have helped him, because if he can't really code PHP then it will have saved him from looking a fool when someone fucks off with his db.

PS: it doesnt have to be NSA protection, its just to stop script kiddies doing anything, and if people can hack into the NSA then what chance have trackers got to be totally secure, it wont ever happen i am afraid, if someone is good enough, then its easy enough. and there will always be someone good enough, it just depends if they want to go after you or not.
    This statement is kinda pointless, as I've shown I know more about this subject than you and spouting out the good old "Hackers can hack anything, nothing is ever truly secure" line is just pointless. Just because it isn't impossible to hack doesn't mean you can slack off and leave known holes wide open.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AvailableName's Avatar Poster
    Ahh, the coding is not done by me. I have a person that professionally knows how to code front and back so that isn't a big problem.
    I'm trying to make a general tracker where I can upload music, mvid, movies relating to a subject I have in mind.

Sorry for not stating this earlier. I could have prevented this argument if I had told you earlier.

So now can I get a consensus between TBDev vs Gazelle? (Keeping in mind of integrating IPB/vB)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Is there a particular reason you need integration with those forum types rather than using the stock forum mods that come with TBDev/Gazelle?

If you're confident that your coder can integrate the forum into either codebase it really depends on personal preference from both a coding and aesthetics perspective. Just take a look at a few large sites that use TBDev and a few sites that use Gazelle, and see which you like better (grouping and artist pages are the biggest organizational advantages with Gazelle).

Also from my experience stock gazelle code contains more pre-coded stuff out of the box... TBDev comes with almost nothing. You'll need to add even the most basic things yourself. And while there are plenty of resources to help you with common TBDev mods, that's still worth considering.

On the topic of mods, Gazelle has fewer publicly available mods/extensions available since a lot of innovation in that particular codebase takes place within private sites and isn't shared with the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    AvailableName's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Is there a particular reason you need integration with those forum types rather than using the stock forum mods that come with TBDev/Gazelle?

If you're confident that your coder can integrate the forum into either codebase it really depends on personal preference from both a coding and aesthetics perspective. Just take a look at a few large sites that use TBDev and a few sites that use Gazelle, and see which you like better (grouping and artist pages are the biggest organizational advantages with Gazelle).

Also from my experience stock gazelle code contains more pre-coded stuff out of the box... TBDev comes with almost nothing. You'll need to add even the most basic things yourself. And while there are plenty of resources to help you with common TBDev mods, that's still worth considering.

On the topic of mods, Gazelle has fewer publicly available mods/extensions available since a lot of innovation in that particular codebase takes place within private sites and isn't shared with the public.
    I have gotten IPB as a gift and would like to integrate it (if possible) to a tracker site. That's the only reason particularly. I only asked for vB because if vB can be integrated, I'm pretty sure IPB can be too.
    What do you prefer between those two scripts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12