Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usenetserver.com - Incomplete files???

Beside Usenet Explorer, Newsleecher also support feature that another server used to download missing articles.
    It's ideal if you have block accounts set as 2nd, 3rd... priority whereas unlimited accounts set as 1st priority
    In my own opinion, UseNetServer and Newshosting are ultra fast, better download speed than most famous Newsgroups providers
    Last edited by UseNetLover; 06-11-2010 at 05:12 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Usenet Explorer has the same feature as well, it is called "server preference". What makes difference for me - Usenet Explorer is capable of handling large newsgroups without hanging or crashing.

Server order is not useful unless one has a block or limited account - which would be too expensive for me as I'm downloading hundreds of gigabytes a month. My former Giganews account was a limited account, but cheaper providers are now complete enough, so I didn't need the account any longer, par2 repair does the trick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phid; 06-12-2010 at 01:20 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Usenet Explorer

: D~~
    Last edited by ericab; 06-12-2010 at 05:35 AM.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

4. Newsgroups   -   #14

Urgent

It used to be a common thing to get a decent usenet server and then have to call a number and complain about incompetes. State a few of the groups that you see are broken and tell them you want complete messages in these and other such groups. I used to find results almost instantly after complaining and you should only have to do it once. Many servers, like those included in an ISP typically, are very bad for binaries a sever like giganews is usually needed (good example of one you have to call and complain to).

Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post
    Usenet Explorer

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by blandreth View Post
    It used to be a common thing to get a decent usenet server and then have to call a number and complain about incompetes. State a few of the groups that you see are broken and tell them you want complete messages in these and other such groups. I used to find results almost instantly after complaining and you should only have to do it once. Many servers, like those included in an ISP typically, are very bad for binaries a sever like giganews is usually needed (good example of one you have to call and complain to).

Quote Originally Posted by ericab View Post
    Usenet Explorer

Most providers don't care as much about missing articles as they appear to care about their liability. When subscribers complain about "incompletes" it is usually because the provider removed the post =/

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    DngrMs's Avatar Super Rodent
    Quote Originally Posted by blandreth View Post
    You found this post how exactly? Casual browsing through the archives?
    Just like the NSA, I'm compelled to copy everything I want to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12