Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ShareTheRemote Open The Interview

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post

The interviews were half a farce. I got into the channel easily hours after other people, and just because one of the interview staff was a friend of mine I got in and out of the interview 5 minutes later. I told him I was in no rush and I can wait till someone highlights me, but he insisted it wasn't busy for them.

And yeah, one question related to TV shows. Still, I like the ratioless aspect of the place, hypocritical as it may make me sound.
    Not wanting to always worry about ratio is far from being hypocritical, on the other hand being staff ( which should be a position of trust) and putting someone to the head of the queue simply because of friendship,as much as it was nice of him, doesn't reflect very well on the site.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-08-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Yes a proper staffer is a horrid bitch to his friends.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    A proper staffer treats everyone, whether he likes them or not, exactly the same.
    Btw sarcasm is only effective if it makes a valid point.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    Well he could have gone away to do something else than interviewing as well. It's all his time, not payed time by his boss, the site, whatever. So he can do what he wants. Hell, he could even have 'stopped interviewing for five minutes, and just inviting his friend with his own invite'. How does inviting your friend before working your way through a bunch of random people, perhaps 95% cheaters, traders, n00bs, etc. make you a bad staffer?

Valid point, heh, just a point you don't agree to.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    I never said that he was a bad staffer .I just alluded to the fact that people in positions of authority ( most notably those that were given them presumably to do a certain job and adhere to to certain ethical standards ) when faced with a decision their first concern should be fairness and everything else( including friendship) coming someplace after that.

Hell of a way to run an army man.Hell of a way.

Btw I also don't see how whether he is paid or not factors into it.He was given and presumably accepted the position in good faith .Does living up to responsibility necessitate being paid ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123