Thread: Newsdemon

junglebook's Avatar Poster
    Im assuming considering FST is promting the company Newsdemon are a consistant top notch newsgroup provider. Anyone use them ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    They are Highwinds, so that automatically knocks them out for choosing if you want a decent provider. I'd go for Astraweb's $96 yearly offer. Right now, Astraweb is it as the best all rounder. This may change in the future. I have heard Newsdemon throttling its customers a few years back if they download too much. For that I'd avoid them on principle.
    Last edited by Hole69; 06-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    junglebook's Avatar Poster
    Prince what lol

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster
    I used newsdemon for a month their speeds are good. I didn't download too much though so I can't commit on any throttling but their retention is BS. Just trying to download a tv show from last season files are gone.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Was it an HBO show, or UFC content? If that's the case you will run into DMCA issues with just about any usenet provider. Look in the forum here at a few past topics and you will see that its been happening for quite a while.
    Last edited by unoriginal; 07-27-2012 at 04:39 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I signed up for a block account on february and their service is perfect, I can't complain at all. No issues on retention or bandwidth whatsoever.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Any of you guys see this... https://twitter.com/newsdemon/status/229208797493743616

The truth shall set you free! :-)
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    A "bug"? Well at least they were upfront about it. Still, I don't trust them from what I've read.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    A "bug"? Well at least they were upfront about it. Still, I don't trust them from what I've read.
    No kidding. How many years of not caring did it take them to fix it? Lol at the end of the day they are still highwinds and they still suck. Wonder if they will fix there throttling bug? Lol