Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Driver Problem ?

Poster
    On certain menus & windows I get text that's cut off & missing....any ideas why ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    dont think so. what resolution do you use? if you are using 1024x768 (at least) then its not a problem...just bad designing of the card properties

DWk

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    have you changed text size?

you may want to try:
    right-click on desktop ->properties and on the appearence tab select font size and set to normal
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Thanks for the responses !

@DWk...........res is set to 1024 X 768, tried other settings....same thing occurs.

@ObiWan...........font size is set to normal, tried all the others...same thing.

I guess a new video card is needed, huh ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Im on 1280x1024, and I cant see any W's

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it must be a font or size setting option somewhere,

also try right click,l desktop, >properties>settings> advanced, the have a look at the dpi setting, should be 96

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Right-click desktop, select Properties. Select the Appearance tab and click Advanced.
    Play around with the settings there.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    @ Livy.............96dpi, check. Same thing.

@ Smurfette...........The funny thing is, the settings I think I need to change in " advanced " are located in the ATI sub-menus ( see screen shot above ) and all those windows come up with missing/cut-off text. Some of the more critical ones are even missing the OK/APPLY buttons !

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Riddler@1 November 2003 - 04:53
    @ Livy.............96dpi, check. Same thing.

@ Smurfette...........The funny thing is, the settings I think I need to change in " advanced " are located in the ATI sub-menus ( see screen shot above ) and all those windows come up with missing/cut-off text. Some of the more critical ones are even missing the OK/APPLY buttons !
    I can't see the pictue (or many avatars) now even though it was there last night because my isp's DNS seems to be flakey ATM!

Well, that's it for me; it doesn't matter how good their chipsets get I'm not going to touch or recommend anything ATI if they're gonna put standard Windows stuff in their own panels.

Edit: Heh, now the pic's back for me :-/ Have you asked on an ATI board?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    never had anything like this on my ati card.
    how did it happen? did it just appear like that one day, or was it after u installed something, or changed something etc? is it only the card properties like that? or other windows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast