Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebook tracker.

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I wasn't looking to specifically give you a hard time but since you brought it up isn't going to the trouble of searching for a site , downloading something transferring it to your e-book reader etc just as big a hassle ?
    Besides there are like actually real live people at a library ,some of which you ( who knows) might become friends with even ( who knows) fall in love and marry.

Anyway just sort of kidding, if life was meant to be a complex ,unexpected ,constantly stimulating place God would never have invented the remote control.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I wasn't looking to specifically give you a hard time but since you brought it up isn't going to the trouble of searching for a site , downloading something transferring it to your e-book reader etc just as big a hassle ?
    Besides there are like actually real live people at a library ,some of which you ( who knows) might become friends with even ( who knows) fall in love and marry.

Anyway just sort of kidding, if life was meant to be a complex ,unexpected ,constantly stimulating place God would never have invented the remote control.
    I can see where you're coming from, but everything is relative. Transferring stuff to my reader feels more "natural" to me. I do it with movies to an external HD, I do it with mp3's to an external player. I do it almost regularly with my reader, as well, but now I'm getting into more works of literature. Moving my ass down to the library involves an extra action that would actually necessitate going out of my way to accomplish.

As for finding friends, I gave up on that quite a while ago. People are idiots. I'd rather be lonely. Not true. It's because I've been hurt before, and I'm having a hard time breaking out of my shell now. I reach out to people in my own way, but no one seems to ever recognize that my demeanor is my method of making friends. Well, well, well.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Maybe you should approach Only4Djs ,he seems like an incredible prick and therefore probably badly in need of one.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Maybe you should approach Only4Djs ,he seems like an incredible prick and therefore probably badly in need of one.
    This is what I get for opening up to you? I only kid.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Idol, trees can take over the world. . I think you read too much Tolkien's work.

Ditto to graywolf. Myanonamouse is your best bet (Demonoid is fine too, if you still care to use public tracker). But for complete different version of e-book format you can try IRC channel.
    Last edited by dandraesley; 06-09-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Forgetting some on topic talk.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    You can also try "ebooksshares.org". It was a fairly decent site, though I don't know if it will fulfill your "needs", but definitely a try. And yea, its a sort of semi private tracker. (No invitation, just simple sign up)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    if you need something call me, i'll tell you how to live without it
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    if you need something call me, i'll tell you how to live without it
    Given the clear assumption that said person isn't calling you for advice on how to better their life itself, of course?
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    So, I wonder if there is any tracker (both public and private) better than library.nu (a warez site)?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Quite the bump of the thread, but just in case this helps others.....

Ditto on the mention of IRC. Do a google search - IRC & ebooks, and you'll find loads of options. The process is amazingly easy, and if you're not sure how to search/dl off IRC - once you get into channel you can always PM one of the channel ops and they'll guide you through it. When I've hit a wall where I can't find a title on Demonoid or Gigapedia, IRC has always come through for me (with rare exceptions). Good luck
    Last edited by kallieb; 06-08-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12