Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebook tracker.

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I'm already a member on BitMe, so keep that in mind before anyone gives me answer. I'm mainly looking for a place that's not for education, but rather is closer to literature. The kind of place I'm looking for would (for example) come up with results for the Merchant of Venice, as well as Pride & Prejudice and Zombies, or whatever that ungodly book is.

Basically, I'm looking for a place where learning is not the focus (since I attend to that already). I've heard names like bibliotik, doscpedia, elbitz, and bitspyder. I still have no idea which one would be closest to my "needs", though, so I was hoping someone would shed some light on the matter.
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Funnily, I'm a member of all the above trackers. And in addition I'd like to add MyAnonamouse to your list.

Elbitz and Bitspyder is a definite no. They may have some literature works here and there, but they lean more towards e - learning.

Bibliotik is not as good as I expected. It deals with more biographies and such, but it deals with literature. You can try it if you want.

Docspedia is somewhat good, but still not that much into literature. Though, It has very varied topics and you may find something you like there.

Finally, MyAnonamouse - according to me, the best (atleast the results that came up with, on searching Shakespeare and Pride and Prejudice and ZOmbies)

It has far more content in literature in my opinion, than others. I maybe wrong in this opinion, but I did the searches on what you gave as an example of reading and it returned the best results.

And I've an invite to MyAnonamouse too. So, if you're interested, please pm with email and I can provide you the invite. Or you can try the irc for an invite (that's how I got it and the interviewer was very friendly and easily invited me, no such questions.)
    Last edited by graywolf; 06-08-2010 at 11:37 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Gigapedia.com? It's a DDL site for books, you have to register to see the actual site.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 06-08-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    Funnily, I'm a member of all the above trackers. And in addition I'd like to add MyAnonamouse to your list.
    Thanks for the extremely well informed post. I'll be busy with the couple of strong suggestions you threw in. As for the invite, keep it for someone who has trouble speaking English/fear of interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Gigipedia.com? It's a DDL site for books, you have to register to see the actual site.
    Considering I've never tried that place before, I think now is a good time. I'll look into it.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Gigipedia.com? It's a DDL site for books, you have to register to see the actual site.
    Isn't it gigapedia.com?

Btw, this is a nice site too.

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Thanks for the extremely well informed post. I'll be busy with the couple of strong suggestions you threw in. As for the invite, keep it for someone who has trouble speaking English/fear of interviews.
    Ok.. I'll do that..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    bibliotik is pretty focused on litterature. sounds like it might be what you're looking for.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    Isn't it gigapedia.com?
    Yep, my bad on the typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    I'm already a member on BitMe, so keep that in mind before anyone gives me answer. I'm mainly looking for a place that's not for education, but rather is closer to literature. The kind of place I'm looking for would (for example) come up with results for the Merchant of Venice, as well as Pride & Prejudice and Zombies, or whatever that ungodly book is.

Basically, I'm looking for a place where learning is not the focus (since I attend to that already). I've heard names like bibliotik, doscpedia, elbitz, and bitspyder. I still have no idea which one would be closest to my "needs", though, so I was hoping someone would shed some light on the matter.
    I've heard of a place called the library .
    Seriously can you even read an e-book ? I've downloaded a bunch and it's not exactly a relaxing experience.
    Besides if we don't cut them down to make "real' books the trees will take over the world.

Btw can anyone lend me 5 bucks to pay my overdue fines?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-08-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Hmm.. I agree a little. There are many books which can't be found on net.

And you can't compare the feeling of reading a book in your hand in place of reading an e book on your screen.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I've heard of a place called the library .
    Seriously can you even read an e-book ? I've downloaded a bunch and it's not exactly a relaxing experience.
    Besides if we don't cut them down to make "real' books the trees will take over the world.

Btw can anyone lend me 5 bucks to pay my overdue fines?
    It's less tedious for me to read an ebook on the bus to University/work than it is to add one more responsibility to the list (knowing the book has to go back at a certain time/calling in for extensions etc.).
    Ellipses go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast