Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: HDBits should never open its doors ...

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by McArty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sake View Post
    There is a bunch of HD trackers. What is the problem? Who needs HDBits? Just look around ... are you blind? Pfu...
    Yep, but what about the community...
    What about it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by McArty View Post
    There is a bunch of HD trackers. What is the problem? Who needs HDBits? Just look around ... are you blind? Pfu...
    Yep, but what about the community...
    I haven`t heard anything about the community there, just the content. So, what about the community? Nothing special. Just download and this is it. Sorry, HDBits

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    I, too, have gripes with people that know nothing about HD systems or good pq, people that assume less grain is better, people that have issues with the size of a movie etc. I would hate it to death knowing people like that would make it in.
    I know that in this forum, I already talked about this a lot, and all of you are probably pretty tired of me because I just keep repeating the same thing, but on that tracker, I was viewed as the biggest retard by other people (staffers, vips, and just regular users) because I was probably the only person there who didn't know much about hd, framerates, and other stuff. Also, I was probably the only one there who didn't know how to set up a local network connection between two computers. The concept of a LAN was a totally new concept to me! I was probably the only one there who didn't know how to write an irc script that would enable me to join an irc channel. So, I really felt intellectually inferior to those people. I probably still know a lot less than they do about these things.
    Last edited by OlegL; 06-11-2010 at 12:55 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I haven`t heard anything about the community there, just the content. So, what about the community? Nothing special. Just download and this is it. Sorry, HDBits
    Aside from a couple of idiots high on their meds (and I'm not being metaphorical), the community is great. Very knowledgeable, maybe excessively so at times. Just as with Oleg, you won't survive there (not that you should anywhere) without attempting to understand concepts/ideas before asking a stupid question, be it hardware related, or with regard to encoding expertise.

Personally, I like the community, it's the kind of community where not one "debate related" thread passes by without a quote and a link to an intelligent read/opinion on the matter.

Different people, different tastes, I suppose.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Just as with Oleg, you won't survive there (not that you should anywhere) without attempting to understand concepts/ideas before asking a stupid question, be it hardware related, or with regard to encoding expertise.
    I didn't ask them stupid questions, lol. It's just that I never heard about this local area network thing and I never heard about other things related to high-defintion before joining that tracker.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    I didn't ask them stupid questions, lol. It's just that I never heard about this local area network thing and I never heard about other things related to high-defintion before joining that tracker.
    You were given a second chance though

TBH if someone came into IRC asking what a LAN is, I'd probably assume they were a troll too
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Just as with Oleg, you won't survive there (not that you should anywhere) without attempting to understand concepts/ideas before asking a stupid question, be it hardware related, or with regard to encoding expertise.
    Knowledge/wisdom is gained by asking questions. Imo the only true stupidity was/is in the apparent failure to see that.

Seriously how hard would it have been for such "experts " to explain a few simple concepts to a follow member?
    Apparently harder than displaying a total lack of class at least.

@ca_aok just my guess but I don't think HDBits has many trolls.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are trolls on every site I belong to, regardless of how small.*

*Note: no relation between the two, of course
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'd also like to once again state that there are a few people( right or wrong ) that to them the purpose of bt is the content and not the technology.
    I couldn't tell you an encode from a c cord but I would probably whip the floor with you in any movie discussion.

Just saying like.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Knowledge/wisdom is gained by asking questions. Imo the only true stupidity was/is in the apparent failure to see that.

Seriously how hard would it have been for such "experts " to explain a few simple concepts to a follow member?
    Apparently harder than displaying a total lack of class at least.

Oleg wasn't banned based on that fact, rather based on reasons that he can tell you about.

He is still mocked to this day for the questions he asked, however. On one hand I can see the insensitivity that is associated along with it. If you notice, I'm not the kind of person to act hostile to people asking sincere questions. However, I can also understand the other side of the equation. I wouldn't expect anyone to act nicely around me if I asked a question that a 20 second google/wiki search could have helped me with.

This all goes back to "If you aren't willing to help yourself...". I dislike impatience, especially to "newbies," but I respect pedantry and knowledge more than any discomfort hostility could provide.

Again, just a personal preference of mine, but as an aspiring med school student, I'd rather someone slap me every time I asked a stupid question, rather than tell me it will be okay eventually.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast