Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade

graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    I was just thinking, that what is the reason that FST has for promoting trade? I mean, I'm not going to rant against it here (just to show that I'm an anti - trader), I just had some curiosity. I mean, most moderators/ members who have the power of suggestion or the power to change things here, don't support trading here. I mean, I've time to time read threads made by Idol in this section about something related to "trade" and all.

But I never got to understand, why is it then allowed here? I'm not talking about being "high and classy" like TPS who prides itself on it being only a invite giveaway forum. I just mean, that whenever I've come here time to time, I found many people saying something or other about trade. Traders are ridiculed at their threads and if they close it, they are ridiculed at some other section, they post in.

I mean, if you don't like trading, why allow it? Why is FST allowing it in the first place?

I've seen many people here, that in the early times, like 2-3 years ago, when they traded, their threads remained open and people used to chat cheerfully. It seems that this "no trading" has been thought of as in recent times. So, what happened then? What caused the change?

I'm sorry, if I didn't notice that someone has given answer for this and this again is neither
    my vendetta against traders or a campaign on getting them out of here. Just my plain and stupid curiosity.
    Last edited by graywolf; 06-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    I was just thinking, that what is the reason that FST has for promoting trade?
    FST doesn't promote trading, it merely allows it. Those are two different things.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    graywolf's Avatar The Anime Addict
    Ok.. sorry.. then I just wanted to ask, why it allows it?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Very simply put. FST is a business, ads bring in money. Traders visit this site frequently since it's a large trading hub. More hits = more money, bing bang boom.

And the folks in charge aren't really that fussed with BT in general let alone the opinions of BT staffers so I doubt you'll see a change any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Very simply put. FST is a business, ads bring in money. Traders visit this site frequently since it's a large trading hub. More hits = more money, bing bang boom.
    This whole argument is getting tiresome. It's just simply wrong. For years, the ads on this site did not even cover the bills. I still don't know that the ads here enable us to break even. This is not a business; never has been. If it were, the site would have closed a long time ago or tried putting up more ad banners. Neither has happened.

The trading section was opened long ago. Well before trading was a big thing. We used to have just the Bittorrent section for everything and then the number of threads for swapping invites became large enough that we decided to try out a section dedicated to it. It grew from there.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with being a business.
    Last edited by Skiz; 06-10-2010 at 09:22 PM.

yo

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    This whole argument is getting tiresome. It's just simply wrong. For years, the ads on this site did not even cover the bills. I still don't know that the ads here enable us to break even. This is not a business; never has been. If it were, the site would have closed a long time ago or tried putting up more ad banners. Neither has happened.

The trading section was opened long ago. Well before trading was a big thing. We used to have just the Bittorrent section for everything and then the number of threads for swapping invites became large enough that we decided to try out a section dedicated to it. It grew from there.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with being a business.
    Actually the owner is making money from this site, although he didn't for the first 3 or 4 years that he owned it.

But the business side of things has absolutely nothing to do with how the site is run.
    The owner pays the bills, and then we (the mod team) run it. The money-making aspect has nothing to do with it.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    So why not do away with the trading section? Cause it would seem rude?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    If they got rid of the trading section it wouldn't get rid of the traders. They'd still be here, but they'd just pretend not to be traders, like they do on other forums. Like it, or not, why not at least have it out in the open where you can see it?

One of the things I've come to like about this forum is its diversity, and that it represents, more accurately than other BT forums, the real BT community. That includes the bad as well as the good.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    If they got rid of the trading section it wouldn't get rid of the traders. They'd still be here, but they'd just pretend not to be traders, like they do on other forums. Like it, or not, why not at least have it out in the open where you can see it?
    Even here it's like an iceberg where the greater mass is not visible.I do agree though that getting rid of the trade section would have very little effect on trading and make the place if anything more potentially "dangerous " for people not of that particular bent.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    If they got rid of the trading section it wouldn't get rid of the traders. They'd still be here, but they'd just pretend not to be traders
    And/or they'd just trade elsewhere.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast