Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peer-2-peer

A guy from Demon Internet told me today that from Nov 1st, Peer2peer transfers are illegal...??? This cannot be true surly. So, anyone on here know the real truth, and is the penalty really upto Ģ10,000? And is this worldwide or UK?

(not sure if this is a movieworld topic but (MODS) feel free to move this thread... )

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    lmfao
    are you stupid?

you think sharing copyrighted material is only just illegal?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Don&#39;t get on your high horse you tosser. I said PEER-2-PEER - eg: illegal to RUN kazaa. Of course owning copyrighted material is illegal (you prat), but running kazza wasn&#39;t, provided you already owned the copyright, hence the loophole we&#39;ve all been using (and variants about how distribution occurs). It is now. Get it, moron? Don&#39;t take the p*ss. Shouldn&#39;t that be 3rd gen knob?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by waveynet@31 October 2003 - 19:56
    Of course owning copyrighted material is illegal (you prat)

no it&#39;s not

if you bought it, it&#39;s yours

kazaa lite is illegal (and always has been, to the best of my knowledge)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    A guy from Demon Internet told me today that from Nov 1st, Peer2peer transfers are illegal...???
    I said PEER-2-PEER - eg: illegal to RUN kazaa

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    LoL if it was leagal they wouldnt sell music games and apps in stores they would just put them on kazaa or wha eva
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    OK then.

So, is it possible to run Kazaa without downloading copyrighted material you do not own?

If the answer to that is YES - (which I think it is), then surly running the program does not mean you are breaking UK law (pre Nov 1st)?

The whole reason I started this thread was that this new legislation is that it gives government and police in the UK new powers to trace IP&#39;s, and P-2-P users they did not have before midnight. I wanted to know if there were any users who knew more about this. Obviously I just found a couple of p*ss-takers. If you do know anything about this new UK legislation, please feel free to help continue this thread. If you DON&#39;T know about the new laws (or don&#39;t care), then go back to what ever planet you have come from. The other two posts convinced me I am better off at the pub.

Thank you.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    LMAO you guys doesnīt seem to understand his question.

The program Kazaa lite isnīt illegal.

As for the original question, I have no idea.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    kazaa is legal...i never said it wasn&#39;t

kazaa lite is illegal

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Barky@31 October 2003 - 20:19
    LMAO you guys doesnīt seem to understand his question.

The program Kazaa lite isnīt illegal.

As for the original question, I have no idea.
    kazaa lite is illegal

look at the terms and conditions...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast