Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I use a lot of bandwidth, but am tired of paying...

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    Hop off your high horse pal, your no better than me nor anyone else on this forum.
    I find it amusing that "you pirate so therefore you have no input on morality or legal issues" is being used as an argument here. You pirate as well. Would you not say that murder is wrong? Stealing a car? Kidnapping a child? The world is not separated into the black and white of criminal activity, while one person may shoplift a loaf of bread, that doesn't mean they'll proceed to rob a bank.

In short, I simply made an observation that taking morality advice from someone who's discussed doing something quite immoral in this thread is ridiculous. Squirm around it how you will, the truth still stands.

And that's really what it comes down to. If you think there are no degrees to criminals, and anyone who's done anything wrong in their life has no concept of morality, you have an interesting view on the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Although this thread has not gone as I had expected, I find it quite fascinating that there is a near-perfect consensus of people posting who believe it is morally wrong for me to grab this 2.4ghz radio frequency that is floating in the air around me.

It is of no consequence that the company I would no longer be paying is actually a frequent opponent to this community. Even those who are giving me the "out" of paying another company (phone co.), believe I should be paying somebody.

How about this...

Instead of paying Concast, I leech no more than 60GB/mo and divide that among 6 different open connections (10 GB ea) AND I donate that money to...take your pick:

1. An orphanage
    2. Children's Leukemia research
    3. A homeless shelter
    4. A fund that helps poor families receive a computer and internet access

Would any of these causes absolve me from my moral deficit? Or should this money ABSOLUTELY go to AN ISP?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Although this thread has not gone as I had expected, I find it quite fascinating that there is a near-perfect consensus of people posting who believe it is morally wrong for me to grab this 2.4ghz radio frequency that is floating in the air around me.

It is of no consequence that the company I would no longer be paying is actually a frequent opponent to this community. Even those who are giving me the "out" of paying another company (phone co.), believe I should be paying somebody.

How about this...

Instead of paying Concast, I leech no more than 60GB/mo and divide that among 6 different open connections (10 GB ea) AND I donate that money to...take your pick:

1. An orphanage
    2. Children's Leukemia research
    3. A homeless shelter
    4. A fund that helps poor families receive a computer and internet access

Would any of these causes absolve me from my moral deficit? Or should this money ABSOLUTELY go to AN ISP?
    IMO it'd be okay only if:
    - the owner of the connection wouldn't receive any C&D letters.
    - you would leech your stuff when the owner of the connection is not using it.
    - the owner of the connection would never reach his/her cap even though you're using it.

The same thing concerns "illegal" p2p: I'd never ever buy any of the shit I download; nobody loses anything.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    In short, I simply made an observation that taking morality advice from someone who's discussed doing something quite immoral in this thread is ridiculous. Squirm around it how you will, the truth still stands.

And that's really what it comes down to. If you think there are no degrees to criminals, and anyone who's done anything wrong in their life has no concept of morality, you have an interesting view on the world.
    The "degrees to criminals" is on nearly the same level, which was the comment I was making.
    I'm saying hacking isn't more/less moral than pirating software (that was cracked by a hacker... ironic isn't it)

Ca aok tell me if your so damn superior to me, why I should take morality advise from you when you pirate software.

Personally I find it hard to take morality advise from someone that Bites the hand that feeds him.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 06-15-2010 at 09:11 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm not infecting other people's computers with backdoor software for my own greedy purposes. Pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    As a pirate, you have to draw the line somewhere if you have any morals at all. I've used other peoples wireless before, to browse the web. I would never pirate material or hack from there though, putting that person at risk.

I steal (digital) files, but I would never rob a store.

You have to draw the line somewhere or you get into what Coaok was saying: you steal, therefor is everything illegal OK to you?

Edit: I also use comcap as my provider. They give you a lot for what you pay compared to other services like DSL. The speeds blow DSL out of the water. Its not a lot to budget considering all the free stuff you can get on the net (legally and illegally) these days...
    Last edited by Tokeman; 06-15-2010 at 09:14 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    I'm not infecting other people's computers with backdoor software for my own greedy purposes. Pretty simple.
    But you'll sit there and download music and software that others pay hundreds of dollars for?

what kind of greedy monster are you!!!
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 06-15-2010 at 09:28 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Some weak ass arguments dude.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by o__O View Post
    Some weak ass arguments dude.
    The points I was making earlier is, if you use comcast and download torrents... You are technically stealing your neighbors bandwidth, that use comcast as their isp.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 06-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    geez, just mod your modem and get it over with. That way, unsuspecting customers dont get shafted.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast