Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: I use a lot of bandwidth, but am tired of paying...

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

And finally, there is a slippery slope when engaging in illegal activities. Where does one draw the line?
    Well, we are all pirates here. So I guess in theory you would think you would had been more supported than what you were with your whole piggy-backing idea. But not only would you be stealing another person's bandwidth, you could also get the person into pretty big trouble for something he/she never did(not to mention the trouble you would get into if caught).

But anyways, if you do decide to get into this whole hacked modem thing then please post back if/when you actually do get one and start using it. This is something I've always been mildly interested in considering my slow speeds, but never really had the balls to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Yup, that's what I'm on and that cap is correct; and my downloading habits have changed as consequence. Well, they've only changed slightly as I've never come close to reaching that cap anyways.
    I've been thinking that I would probably be happy with Comcast since their speeds are much faster than Verizon(at least their download speed is I know for sure, and that's really all I'm wanting), and plus I'm sure I've never came close to 250GB in one month(even back in my early days where bittorrent was my number one method of obtaining files).

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I am wondering how ballsy I will ultimately be with the modem. I may keep the full service and do test periods for a while before canceling my subscription, but I already have one of the modems, and another "backup" would be about $50 (if I remember correctly).

The speeds would be FAR superior to my wireless scheme, and it would be cheaper for the equipment cost. Win/Win. I could even feed some orphans, or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    I am wondering how ballsy I will ultimately be with the modem. I may keep the full service and do test periods for a while before canceling my subscription, but I already have one of the modems, and another "backup" would be about $50 (if I remember correctly).

The speeds would be FAR superior to my wireless scheme, and it would be cheaper for the equipment cost. Win/Win. I could even feed some orphans, or something...
    do it fo' da chilrrrens, MBM, do it fo' da chilrrrens

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tpirata13 View Post

do it fo' da chilrrrens, MBM, do it fo' da chilrrrens
    Now, that, sounds like a good, moral path to me. And there not just any old chilrrrrens- they's orphaned. That's even better!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    hack comcrap and get free anon internet
    www.sbhacker.net/forum/

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Thanks, Danielle. That seems to be the best solution. Very fascinating site!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567