Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What.cd Paypal Frozen?

tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    noticed today when I clicked on what.cd's donation page I got this

Unfortunately, the service we used for donations has decided to freeze our main account, and we will no longer be processing our donations through them. Please bear with us while we work out a permanent solution.
    noticed this has been happening to more then a few trackers as of late?...if there anything these sites can really do to stop people from donating and then trying debate the charge?

Last edited by tippertime; 06-15-2010 at 01:59 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Not unless you chuck the traders and sellers who donate for invites and then try and claim the cash back.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Not unless you chuck the traders and sellers who donate for invites and then try and claim the cash back.
    Pretty much.

And people wonder why trackers hate traders so much..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    X-Files's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    if tracker dont want sell invite, remove it from donation benefit

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by HDBits View Post
    if tracker dont want sell invite, remove it from donation benefit
    I would have thought that simply stating that it is a bannable offense would have been enough.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    anonymous0711's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    are invites even a donation benefit at what.cd? i know they arents at waffles

@HDBITs - while i agree offering invites as a donation benefit isnt exactly right imo as it is kind of like them selling useable invites which if anyone did personally we would all consider wrong i do have to add that if the trader/seller or whatever wants the invites than donating the 10 euros or whatever isnt that bad... if you cant afford it dont donate but its just wrong to go contest it and get their money back after theyve already gotten the invites/ul credit/vip status or whatever... doing this puts the tracker in danger and i think it will eventually lead to a sight many of us enjoy(i dont have any idea which one i just feel as if its gonna happen) being shut down... i think even you could agree that you wouldnt want that couldnt you?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    backie's Avatar Demigod BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbeebops View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Pretty much.

And people wonder why trackers hate traders so much..
    It has nothing to do with traders. Normal people will want their money back if they donate to a cause and then get banned from it days later. I think if a tracker bans someone who has donated within the last two weeks they should refund the donation.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous0711 View Post
    You get two invites upon donating. I think only the first time you do so.

As for giving invites in exchange for donations... technically it's invite selling... but at least the money goes towards the tracker and not some "unofficial" agent.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    backie's Avatar Demigod BT Rep: +1
    Well when I donated to waffles I got two invites just like I did at What.CD.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Zac090's Avatar t3h n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous0711 View Post
    I did get 2 invites at waffles after donating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast